I paid for my room for a month.. BIG MISTAKE! I had no hot water @ the sink in my kitchen and my sink was stopped up for over a month. When they got it fixed, the next day it backed up again. When I went to the bar, ( they have no office or staff that will work with you ) to inform them, I was asked "What did you put down the drain this time?" After a month with no plumbing, I was happy to have a sink so I could cook. I was given so many excuses about their attempts to repair the problem, it became apparent they were lying to me. I was told they had to call an emergency plumber in. If they did that, the problem would have been fixed! ALSO in my room I had no smoke/fire detector, no vent fan in the bathroom and the switch plate for the light did not have any screws in it. Any child could pull the dimmer switch knob off and the wires would be exposed creating a real shock hazard. The fuse box located just outside my door has all kinds of wires run to it not in conduit. What a mess! On the 1st floor, there are no smoke detectors. The wires are hanging out of the wall but no detector! The emergency exit sign does work at all. I did a battery check on it my self. But wait! It gets better! In the mail hallway on the first floor, there is a big blood stain at the end of the hall where a rat died. The dead rat was on the floor for 3 days before I moved out. As far as I know, it is still there! LOTS of better places to stay in town. The few extra dollars a night will be well spent.
Property: Central HotelAddress: 301 Mulberry St, Madison, IN 47250-3416
Region: United States > Indiana > Madison
Ranked #7 of 7 B&Bs / Inns in Madison