59 people have started booking this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Vio.com$179
Etrip$179
Agoda.com$188
eDreams$179
Tripadvisor$179
All reviews dining room ohio river gift shop nature center dvd player beautiful park family room kitchenette area view of the river fire pit get away southern indiana biscuits hiking falls suite coal
Selected filters
Reviewed 20 April 2022 via mobile

Room in what seemed like an older part of the inn. Upon opening the door a smell hit us in the face, couldn't quite figure out what could b causing it. Opened door and window to air out, perfume helped. Ants, ants, ants!

Date of stay: April 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Renie Stephens, General Manager at Clifty Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2022

You stayed in the Parkside which is a older part, so sorry to hear about the ants, hope you will come back and try the Riverveiw side, thank you for letting us know about your stay.

Reviewed 12 April 2022 via mobile

In a spring mini trip w/two grandsons and hubby I mapped out a sojourn from Indy to southern Indiana, Louisville then to St. Meinrad. Clifty Falls was our first overnight stay and did not disappoint. Oh my…I have stayed in several state park inns in Indiana and Kentucky and this was five star times ten. From the friendly desk staff to the grounds, entrance, the gift shop, etc. And the views of the hillside and Ohio River. Oh my!!!! The best….The abundant seating and floor to ceiling glass panorama views throughout the lodge. Amazing! The State of Indiana did it right on this lodge. The room? Our room was a top floor room w/balcony. So peaceful and lovely. The room was a five star as far as comfort and decor. The rooms are decorated in “lodge” type tones, beige and brown but not overdone. The only complaint is there were three table lamps I believe w/low voltage bulbs, and the shade was burlap/linen type which offered a warm ambiance, yes. But reading and for hubby to do his cross word puzzle? Not so much…but minor for all the other luxuries. The pool was small but very nice w/much seating and a plus was a glass “viewing” area w/comfy seating to enjoy the pool activity outside (and chlorine fumes), the pool area in a hallway. . Perfection. In the evening, while my family was at the pool, I enjoyed watching the twinkling lights of Madison from the bed nearest the balcony. It was magical. The bathroom was 5 star, updated, perfection. In the morning we enjoyed watching barges on the river. Fascinating. A word…yes, there are the smokestacks, you cannot mistake there is a presence. But geeze…most people should already know this. Deal w/it or select another venue. Our balcony had a privacy screen from the next door balcony. You could not see the smokestack unless you turned to the right to view. To my eye, the smokestack was majestic…just a reminder we still use coal for electricity. I actually Goggled to learn more about barges and the smokestacks. As for all of our “trip”, it rained all day but cleared up around 5. The sun peaked out and some families ventured out on the hillside overlooking the Ohio River to run off energy.. Absolutely lovely. In the evening it appeared there was a fire in a fire pit. I did not want to leave the next morning.
We ate breakfast in the lodge. Perfection for our picky eaters…I am not a breakfast person, I ordered a basket of the “fried” biscuits (sugared biscuits). Oh my gosh, great w/coffee. Enough to share w/my family. Jaden” from Maryland (followed family to Indiana) was our server. Jaden was just the best…and just what we needed to begin another rainy, cold day.
Sadly, we never actually saw the falls due to the rain….but the comfort and warmth of tie lodge, views of the Ohio River and the hillsides certainly made up for the spring rains. Actually, I could just stay in the lodge enjoying the views and comfort. So utterly peaceful…but it was early April, a Tuesday/Wednesday w/not a lot of activity. I am sure weekends and summer/fall it is not as peaceful.

Room tip: Early spring/April, mid-week, so quiet and peaceful.
Date of stay: April 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family

What a great time you had, this is what we try to accomplish for all of our guest, thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay, hope to see you again.

Reviewed 13 November 2021

My wife and I wanted to celebrate our 45th wedding anniversary at what we thought would be the perfect get away. We booked a two night stay at the Cliffy Park Inn, that we had visited years ago with our children. We picked a suite room over looking the river and that was probably the best part of the visit.

We noticed the coffee stains on the dirty rug in front of the sofa, more coffee stains in the eating area rug. Some of the furniture in the main room and bed room looked like you would find in a second hand flee market. There was dark colored venetian blinds that where tore up and about two feet longer than the windows they covered. One window had separate upper and lower blinds. The lower blind had a glob laying on the floor where they were to long, with dust balls, the vacuum sweeper was not able to clean the carpet completely.

The sad part was trying to take a shower. They have a fancy system in the shower that does not work. The shower head slides up and down a pipe to adjust the shower head height. It was broke, so the shower head came just below your neck, so washing your hair was very hard to do. The water was barley warm and the shower stall has no shelving for soap or shampoo to sit on. So you put everything on the shower floor that you need in the shower. I did take a shower and a foot bath at the same time, since the floor drain was slow draining.

For a very expensive suite, we should have stayed at Motel 6 !

Date of stay: November 2021
1  Thank ronlB5545GI

I am so sorry your experience was not good, thank you for letting me know the issues that you had while you stayed, I hope you will give us another try, if you get in touch with me I will discount your stay.

Reviewed 18 September 2021 via mobile

Front desk was awesome messed up our stay on my anniversary the booked 2 rooms for 1 night instead of 1 room for two nights . So we had to take the grey room which the whirlpool tube was broken was told that’s the room the take stuff from to fix other rooms . So then as we start to settle in the air conditioner did not work .we were suppose to stay in the park view suite from the start, so now as we have to pack all of our stuff up and move at 1030pm to another room with air conditioning it has 2 queen beds not a suite there again not the right room from the beginning now moved to a different room not what we we were told not a suite all in all I’m here 1 more night will let you know what the do to make this right it makes me so upset that it’s my anniversary and had all these problems in day one we did get a discount friends and family but it was not about the savings it was about the experience I know that they probably don’t care and will leave a basic response to this review but keep in mind I work hard for my money as I’m sure they do to but it really makes me sad that it’s a anniversary that was not all I planned for love the town . Front desk were nice and apologetic but all in all doesn’t change my experience will see what they do would be nice to stay in the suite i original had booked will see ! I will post more as we have another day to stay here so far not impressed at all

Date of stay: September 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

I am so sorry they did not take care of you when you left, please get in touch with me and I will take care of your next stay. Thanks for letting us know.

Reviewed 29 June 2021 via mobile

Stayed over a weekend. Reserved Friday for a sat and sun stay. That being said , there wasn’t much to choose from. We received a room in the old building. Be warned this room smells. According to housekeeping all the rooms In the old bldg smell. It smelled old and musty. We paid 154 for sat and 130 for Sunday. At this rate the state should rip the carpet out and take care of this smell. I was told by others that the new bldg is like entering another world. Night and day. In Today’s standards we really expect better. We also received no housekeeping. I had to go look for more towels myself The hiking is great and the dining room had amazing food for reasonable rates. Beautiful views off the dining room. We will stay elsewhere next time. For the price, I just would expect a room that did not smell of mold and humidity and at least towels.

Room tip: Book in the mew bldg or go elsewhere
Date of stay: June 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

I am so sorry about your stay, we have upgraded the rooms with new mattresses and linen I will check out the room for the smell, also after covid we do not enter any guest rooms so that is why there was not housekeeping service.