“now hollywood”

Argosy Casino and Hotel
Ranked #47 of 65 Restaurants in Lawrenceburg
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 29 June 2012

I have been here several times its a beautiful casino, hotel is very nice. If you like gambling you must go and have big fun..maybe you will win too

Date of visit: March 2012
1  Thank kimeann66

Reviewed 26 June 2012

This was the worst buffet I have ever eaten. The fried chicken reminded me of that frozen chicken you can buy at the store, the fried pork chops were dried out and crumbled and broke when I tried cutting it. The steaks were any thing but tender. Our server was really nice and kept our glasses filled and was there for any of our needs.

Date of visit: June 2012
Reviewed 8 April 2012

I don't go to the Hollywood Casino very often, even though it's close to home. I go there even less for the buffet. A few years ago I went a couple of times before the casino was rebranded and I thought it was pretty good. I went last summer while the buffet area was undergoing renovations and I thought the buffet was not all that great. I went back today for the Easter buffet thinking it had to be better now that the renovations were complete and any bugs had been worked out. I was looking forward to the prime rib. I should have gone to Golden Corral and saved some money. The renovation has made the seating areas all the same, where before there were some differences between seating areas. The new look is very bland, kind of like a Denny's. The food was so-so. The prime rib was just bad. The carvers were inexperienced. One guy hardly knew how to hold the meat while he carved ("sawed" would be the better word). I'm not a fan of rare meat but I've come to like rare prime rib. I don't like raw meat and this looked raw. I asked for a piece from the other end and it was well done - so well done it was hard to cut - or maybe the knife was too dull. In any event, it wasn't worth the $22.99 I paid for my meal. The rest of the buffet was hit or miss. The carved ham (again with the inexperienced carver) was dry. However, the grill pork chop was pretty good, as was the pot roast. I also liked the roasted butternut squash. Everything else was just OK. Except the desserts. The oreo cheese cake and the bread pudding were delicious. There are other options for dinner outside the casino that would probably be better tasting than the buffet, and they'll be cheaper, too.

Date of visit: April 2012
1  Thank CovingtonCat
Reviewed 23 January 2012

I have eaten there more then a few times some time the food is good other no so, management does not keep control in the service area and you have to fight with others to eat

1  Thank Toadie45212
Reviewed 5 January 2012

dinner buffett was priced a little high for us 29.00@
would have went to Golden Corral for same food if still open

Date of visit: January 2012