“Pleasant”

Cheddar's Scratch Kitchen
Ranked #21 of 252 Restaurants in Lafayette
Reviewed 22 June 2018 via mobile

I invited a friend to have dinner with me a Cheddar’s Scratch Kitchen. We were seated quickly and our server greeted us promptly. I liked the fact that the calories were printed next to each item on the menu. I had the salmon and was able to get just a lunch portion. The fish was perfectly cooked and the sides of rice, broccoli, and slaw were very good. My friend enjoyed her dinner also. Our server came to check on us many, many, many times.......hence the 4 rating.

Reviewed 25 May 2018

Usually better. Wife ordered club without the turkey and it came with turkey. I ordered a combo entree with "cut off the cob corn" and fries as my sides. I ordered the corn to be in a side dish. The fries did not come, the "cut off the cob corn" was just frozen or canned corn, not fresh, on the entree plate so the juice made my chicken strips soggy. Asked waitress for extra BBQ sauce which she forgot about. Food was not hot. I gave it 3 stars because usually it is much better. Manager brought out a new sandwich, the fries and BBQ. I probably should have given him the whole concerns but did not. If the read this I hope they take it to heart.

Reviewed 14 May 2018

Had an excellent server that made the older folks in the party very happy. They love a good schmoozer! Service rocked, I think they were all happy with their food. I on the other hand have not had a good meal at Cheddar's Lafayette in quite a few visits. I got a huge portion of fried chicken tenders. They had no flavor and then one tasted like fish. The slaw, my first time to try was boring. The fry's are always good. Love the croissants. Last time I had chicken fried steak, that was awful...greasy and lacking flavor other than old oil flavor. Love the onion ring tower. Cheddar's has its moments.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

For some reason I have a hard time finding much on their menu that I like, so we get tired of it real quick. The helpings are somewhat small as well (ie: side of green beans is very small, french fries are sparce)

Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

The food was standard. It was a Saturday evening and very busy, however we got a table in the bar area right away. Our service was quick and friendly. My first steak was delivered well done instead of medium, the manager Andy came to our table and apologized but when he brought the replacement steak it was once again well done, because my husband was almost finished eating I covered that steak in A1 and ate it anyway as we had plans and could not wait again. Although they removed the cost of my meal, we had to address that they told us they were doing so but still brought the bill with the cost on it. My final thoughts were of confused to why the manager himself would return my second steak well done and not check it before delivery. There was no question in the slightest between being a medium cooked or well done cooked steak. Overall, we may go again but it will not be anytime soon.