“Very nice, buy strange”

Ranked #6 of 23 Hotels in Lafayette
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Very nice, buy strange”
Reviewed 20 February 2012

I went to Courtyard in February. I asked for a handicapped room and they had one available. When I went to enter it, I saw that it was already open and the tv was on. Luckily, my brother was with me, because someone could have been in there. After checking it out and finding no one, he went to the front desk and asked. He was told that that is normal for housekeeping to do this. I think it's dangerous. Other than that, it was great.

Room Tip: Check the room before entering
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
, Manager at Courtyard Lafayette, responded to this review, 29 June 2012
Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Let me assure you this is not the normal practice of the hotel. We take the safety and security of our guests very seriously as reflected by our outstanding performance in our Guest Satisfaction Survey's with regards to the safety and security of the hotel.

We hope that you will give us another chance when you are in the area again.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I can be of assistance.

Curt Baker
Assistant General Manager
Courtyard by Marriott
Lafayette Indiana
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Chicago, IL
Reviewed 22 January 2012

Stayed at the Courtyard by Marriott for three days for a business trip. The rooms were clean and spacious and the hotel was easily accessible.

The room had two queen size beds, with extremely comfortable bedding. There is free wi-fi and complementary coffee.

Some of the towels in the room were old and stained. I requested new towels and the new set was clean, but they looked old. That is the only complaint I have.

The hotel has a bistro that served breakfast, lunch, and select dinner items and a bar. I purchased breakfast one morning and while pricey for eggs and potatoes, these were well done. I also made use of the bar at night and had a couple of mixed drinks. They do not use top shelf liquor, but I also did not ask to upgrade from Cuervo to Patron.

The business center was easily accessible. I will definitely consider staying here again.

Room Tip: The rooms with a King size bed are oddly arranged. I switched from a room with a King to a room with...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank GF13
Naperville, Illinois
Reviewed 5 January 2012

The location was nice & also close to Purdue Univerisity & located close to shops & restaurants. On the Main rd(State st) connecting the highway(close by) & the University but the room was real good & there was no noise.
The room was excellent, the bed was positioned differently & the bathroom was what you would expect of a Marriot. Found the bed real comfortable & could turn the TV to view from the bed.
The only problem occurred in the morning when there was no hot water. So tried reaching the front desk & the phone was answered after several tries & the response was, sorry we'll have to wait on maintenance to fix the issue...which was later fixed but it did get us late for our breakfast appointment.
So overall an excellent rating if this problem had not occurred.

Room Tip: Requested a King bed.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed 29 December 2011

Again I used Priceline to get this hotel. It was a wonderful experience. I saved so much money and this room was great. will stay here again.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
Ohio
Reviewed 5 December 2011

Booked this hotel just for one night for a game in Indianapolis which was only 50 minutes away. We weren't going to spend much time in the hotel so I was looking for something decent at a decent price. Had planned to book the Omni or Marriott in Indy, but they were full. This is an excellent property with modern, comfortable rooms. We normally stay in very nice hotels, so it was surprising to hear my wife say "Now this is a room I could spend some time in". The rooms were modern with high quality furniture and a high quality bathroom. The kicker: $89!!! We will definitely stay at this hotel the next time we are in Lafayette!!!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lafayette
0.1 km away
1.2 km away
Comfort Inn Lafayette
Comfort Inn Lafayette
#9 of 23 in Lafayette

Been to Courtyard Lafayette? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK