“Pleasant evening downtown”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 14 July 2018

We ate on the patio on a beautiful Friday evening. The historic courthouse was a block away and just outside the restaurant are the new, colorful “gateway” sculptures. Our server was prompt, efficient, and cheery ... and as a bonus, a jazz guitarist and bass player played. Warm rolls were served with butter and the cool salad was just the right size to get us started. I had the Bruschetta Chicken Medallions ($14) and my wife had the Farfalle Chicken ($16). The “medallions” were actually an ample serving of sliced breast meat, no bruschetta bread but a pleasing tomato topping and a large serving of tasty mashed potatoes. The Farfalle Chicken was also hot and tasty with crisp breading on the slices of chicken breast. We left with leftovers ... and memories of a pleasant evening of good food and music.

Date of visit: July 2018
2  Thank James M

Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

My husband and I are steak and potato people. So I can’t comment much on seafood selection but their stakes are very good. They give you too much food in my opinion which is not always a bad thing except for the fact that I will eat it. LOL my steak always comes with a vegetable, a potato, and a salad. Very unique atmosphere for Lafayette. I gave it 4 stars instead of 5 b/c the first time we went I wasn’t impressed. Staff was short with us, etc. and I still remember that. Probably because we asked too many questions. But the last 4-5 times we have been there we ask for a table in the bar and we haven’t had any issues since then. I would recommend it!

Date of visit: May 2018
1  Thank teena21_2000
Reviewed 15 May 2018 via mobile

Met a couple of business associates for dinner. It was Martini Monday so of course we each tried one. I had the pomegranate sloe gin. Yummy! Also had the herb roasted chicken....could have shared. Too much food!! Everything was beautifully plated and tasty. Loved the downtown vibe.

Date of visit: May 2018
1  Thank Alou722
Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

This place has a fun vibe. For an appetizer we had the chicken pot stickers - amazing! For dinner net I had the Mahi Mahi and pesto linguine - also great! The salad and dinner rolls were alp very good. A fun place to meet up with friends and have a nice relaxing dinner and conversation.

Date of visit: April 2018
1  Thank 414brittanyp
Reviewed 28 April 2018 via mobile

I met a friend for dinner at Red Seven Bar and Grill. We wanted some great food and an opportunity to visit. I ordered the excellent filet sliders which came on mini pretzel rolls...so yummy. Dinner was accompanied by a cool glass of wine. Lovely dining experience!

Date of visit: April 2018