“Nice authentic Mexican restaurant. ”

Mexico City Restaurant
Ranked #46 of 122 Restaurants in Jeffersonville
Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

Nice authentic Mexican restaurant in Jeffersonville with a convenient location. The staff was friendly, the food was fresh, and it was inexpensive. I had a pambazo and chips and salsa. I took home a burrito for my bf. We both liked our dinners. The pambazo bread is wonderful and addictive. I'd love to have a regular torta with that bread.

The have a drive-thru and the staff spoke enough English that I didn't have to insult them with my elementary Spanish. Worth a check out if in the area.

Reviewed 26 August 2017

Went their on a recommendation of a an Mexican ex-pat and she was on the money. I ordered an horta, that could have came from a vendor from Mexico City. My date ordered Huraches and we ordered tamales that could have been made by someone's grandmother. Excellent decor for a Mexican restaurant. Very bright and colorful and the wait staff is ready to please and help you with the menu (bi-lingual). It does not serve alcohol but you won't need it with the food here.

Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

We arrived to camp at Charlestown State Park Friday evening and it was kind of late so we looked around Charlestown and everything was closed. We found this place and it was an awesome surprise! The low keyed interior was perfect for what we were after. Dining in we could sit at any table and we had a very pleasant server. She brought some chip and salsa to our table and it was very good. I ordered the chili poblano pepper mean that was accompanied with decried beans, rice, and a mini salad. The had tamales too and I wanted to try their green chicken tamale. It was quite tasty. The masa was of a much more mild flavor so it didn't over power the filling!
I really like corn tortillas and there's were delicious!
The rustic sauce that enveloped the poblano pepper had such well developed flavor and having traveled extensively in Mexico rivaled and surpassed what I've had there.
The partner had the chicken enchiladas. They we equally as good as my poblano and had the same accompaniments too.
Overall I'd say that if you pass by the unassuming exterior you've passed up some authentic very well done Mexican dishes.
The only thing that would make this nice little Restaruant better if if they served margaritas!!
I was so looking forward to a margarita but the delicious meal made up for no margarita! from what I saw they don't appear to serve liquor.
Go and enjoy a good meal!