Comfort Inn
  • Room Service
US$ 139
US$ 127
  • Pool
Candlewood Suites Indianapolis Airport(Indianapolis)(Great Value!)
US$ 103
Candlewood Suites Indianapolis East(Indianapolis)(Great Value!)
US$ 84
US$ 76
US$ 115
US$ 105
All reviewsyogurteating area was cleanclose to downtowneggs and sausagewould stay here againan older hoteloff the highwayper nightbooked this hotelnice roomlucas oil stadiumwalmartrefrigeratorventilationtvfurniture
Reviewed 6 March 2018 via mobile

I chose the Comfort Inn for its closeness to downtown and reasonable price. The hotel is located right on the bus route which takes about 30 minutes to get downtown. There’s also a range of fast food restaurants nearby and a Walmart which is perfect for someone on a budget.

I arrived on a Saturday evening and was checked in by Jim (I think that was his name). He was lovely and chatted to me about a range of topics whilst checking me in! Check in itself was quick and easy, although I ended up chatting with Jim for some time before heading up to my room.

The room itself is quite spacious with a large desk. The main room and the bathroom were almost clean; there were some hairs left in the bathtub where the staff had clearly given the bath a ‘once over’ and not a thorough clean between guests. I always do a bed bug inspection when arriving in a new hotel; this one was BED BUG FREE however the sheets were NOT CLEAN. I pulled the covers back to reveal a sheet covered in short hairs as if someone had shaved their legs in the bed and the sheets clearly hadn’t been changed. I called down to reception and Jim came up and changed the sheets for me, bless him he tried his best to remake the bed. After he left, I continued my bug inspection only to find that whilst the new sheet was clean, it was stained on one side and the uncovered duvet on top had a spot of dried blood. I didn’t think it was bug related but it also looked like there was blood on the curtains as well which really put me off. The next morning, I left a note for the cleaning staff to change the sheets and they did; those ones looked to be clean and unstained thankfully.

My biggest complaint about the room though was the fact the bathroom has automatic sensor lights. They are fine when you’re moving around the main bathroom but the sensors do not pick up movement when you’re in the shower so halfway through the main lights will go out leaving only a dimly lit back up light on. I had to keep waving my hand out the shower to get them to come back on! I understand it’s to save electricity but they could delay the timers to give people the chance to have a shower in peace! The shower itself is also confusing; there’s a little sign on the side which tells you how to work it but it’s mainly hidden by the shower curtain.

The breakfast offered quite a good selection; cereal, hot food, toast and muffins, DIY waffles, fresh fruit and yogurts. The breakfast staff were lovely and very polite. Check out was also quick and easy. The pool was closed whilst I was there but that didn’t bother me at all and the Wi-Fi worked well.

The staff and the breakfast were lovely but unfortunately the cleaning issues really let this place down and although the issues were resolved, I won’t be staying here again if I’m in the Indianapolis area.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 December 2017

We chose this Hotel because of it's proximity to downtown (Lucas Oil Stadium), which was only a 10 minute drive.
The hotel room and bathroom are quite old, but rather clean. Beds were comfortable.
Considering the reasonable price of the hotel I'd say it's a good choice if you are just looking for a clean room close to downtown - you'll get nothing less but also nothing more.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 November 2017

This was the second time my husband and I have stayed here for the Indy Monumental Marathon. We love it here because for the low price is a relief on a busy weekend where the downtown hotels are outrageously priced. Plus the staff here is so nice. You have to drive into downtown but it is an easy, short drive. The hotel is literally right off the exit. The rooms are kind of outdated but clean and well-kept. Breakfast is included as well.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 July 2017

Sometimes reviews can paint a property from a viewpoint, that candidly, I wonder how they even describe the same place. This motel is an example. From the reviews, this Comfort Inn seemed to be a good place to stop for the night. Unfortunately, my experience was not so good.

The room was listed as non-smoking however in my opinion this was recently a smoking room. The smell of cigarette smoke was still very much lingering. By morning the smell was so strong, it was affecting my wife’s breathing.

Then at 2 AM the air conditioner stopped working and for the remainder of the night the room became uncomfortably HOT.

When morning came and I started to pack the car, I noticed the security lock did not work on the rear door. Mind you, this is the door farthest from the front desk. Someone could easily come in and roam the halls at night.

While I’ve had pretty good luck with Comfort Inn in the past, this is one location that next time I’ll drive on by.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 June 2017

Our family came to Indianapolis this week for a mini getaway.
I wish I knew the name of the man who checked us in because he was so sweet and wonderful. He even came up to reprogram our TV that our son pushed a button on and messed up! He was kind and also had fun joking with our kids.

The room was a decent size. It fit the 4 of us just fine and there was plenty of space to set up the pack n play.

Beds were pretty comfy. Bathroom had been updated at some point, but needs better ventilation. But it was CLEAN as was our room which is the most important thing to me.

Breakfast was okay. Plenty to choose from though. Cereals, yogurt, fresh fruit, waffles, toast, muffins. There were also eggs and sausage each morning. Eating area was clean and the employees were so nice and kept things stocked.

We had a great stay and would stay again if we come back.

Room Tip: Top floor and away from the elevators was very quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family