“Nice hotel but there are other things I want”

Sheraton Indianapolis Hotel at Keystone Crossing
Ranked #25 of 186 Hotels in Indianapolis
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 29 July 2017

I rode here on my Harley in the pouring rain. It is in a good location, near the freeway and by shopping and restaurants. A big hotel like this, I have to haul my stuff in on a cart and use elevators. It was nice and clean. There was free parking in a ramp adjacent to the hotel. Everything is just bigger, more spread out and more complicated.

What I want most when traveling is smoke-free rooms (which they had) and a fridge for drinks. They did not have a fridge in the room. The sink/toilet and shower are all in one room which is also less convenient if you are traveling with others. They did have a restaurant / bar on the main floor. It was not highly staffed so it was slow but the staff was friendly and kind. The food was very nice, better than I expected.

I think I got wifi free because I was part of their rewards program, but maybe it came with the room. Not sure.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo

Reviewed 24 July 2017 via mobile

Conveniently connected to the mall by skywalk. Makes life easy. Fairly nice pool. The Sheraton club upgrade on the 12th floor gives you nice view and access to complimentary beverages and a pretty decent breakfast.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 July 2017

We stayed here because rooms were blocked off for our soccer club for a national tournament. Initially we were happy to get an early check in but when we got to the room it smelled. We couldn't figure it out so we decided to try and ignore it and start to unpack. We started looking for a fridge (which btw there isn't one) and when we opened the dresser cabinet we found a box of Popeyes chicken that smelled horrendous! Went to use the bathroom and the fan didn't work and the toilet seat was broken. Later, we went to bed and the sheets were all inside out.
We notified the front desk about the rotten chicken, no fan, and the toilet seat (no apology) but she said it would be fixed while we were at dinner. It wasn't. Nor was it the next day.
Then I asked for a late check out and was told we could have an extra half hour. After dealing with issues the only compromise she would make is a half hour. Such a joke!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Mike S, Manager at Sheraton Indianapolis Hotel at Keystone Crossing, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2017

Kimberly M,

Thank you for providing feedback about your recent stay. I'm very sorry to hear your experience was below our standards. Please reach out to me directly so we can discuss the situation in more detail.

Mike Skaggs
Director of Operations
mike.skaggs@Sheraton.com

Reviewed 22 July 2017 via mobile

We were in town for a baseball tournament the 1st night we stayed in a best western 30 minutes away from where we played so we decided to get a hotel closer to the fields. I figured the sharaton would be a nice hotel but I honestly we were disappointed and would of rather stayed at the Best Western 40 minutes away. At check in I had to wait in line for 45 min to get checked in. The hotel is very large we had to park in a parking garage and tote our luggage across the street and up to the 6th floor. The room was not the cleanest and we could not get it very cool. When we showered it steamed up the whole room and the room had a funny smell. No continental breakfast and no free wi-fi. The mall attached to the hotel is awesome.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Mike S, Manager at Sheraton Indianapolis Hotel at Keystone Crossing, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2017

Shan5allen,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. I'm very sorry you were disappointed with your stay and would be happy to talk with you about it. Please contact me directly at mike.skaggs@Sheraton.com.

Mike Skaggs
Director of Operations

Reviewed 19 July 2017

My boyfriend and I stayed here while in Indianapolis for a wedding. Our room was very clean and comfortable. We slept very well. We were only there for the night so didn't utilize many of their services, but the bar-staff at the hotel bar were really nice. We enjoyed our pre-wedding drinks there.

The hotel is also attached to a very large mall so if you are interested in shopping it's very convenient. The rooms don't have mini-fridges which was a bit of a drawback for me. I like having cold water in the room, and the front-desk clerks were very slow. The line tended to back up. Apart from that, it was a really satisfactory stay. I'd use the hotel again if we were in this area.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple