“Great Experience”

Ranked #47 of 178 Hotels in Indianapolis
Birmingham, Alabama
“Great Experience”
Reviewed 28 August 2008

We stayed two different nights within the same 2 weeks. The first night, children in the rooms next to us were very loud until after 2:00 a.m. The hotel was very nice, as was the staff. The second time we stayed we received excellent service (and checked in extremely late!). We were placed in a corner room with a beautiful view of the monument and a courtesy goodie bag. Since we had been travelling late, the little perks and goodies were greatly appreciated. Also, it is a great hotel if you are going to a downtown event, with easy access to venues and great eateries.

• Liked — Staff, location, free upgrades!
  • Disliked — Noisey neighbors
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
Illinois
Reviewed 15 July 2008

This is a great place to stay if you are looking for some city living for a few days. The mall and many good restaurants are only few blocks away. Every staff member we came in contact with was very friendly and accommodating. We booked through Hotwire, so we didn't know what Hotel we were getting until we paid. I was kind of nervous after reading some of the reviews. The place is better than most of the reviews I have read on here. The rooms were very clean and comfortable with a great view of the city. My only complaint is that the pool isn't really a good pool for children. It's about 5 feet at its shallow end and is a little cooler than what a indoor heated pool at some of the other hotels would be. Other than that, I really liked being able to swim outside and on the 9th floor!! Great view of the city from the pool deck. Very relaxing. The hallways were a little cool, but I was completely happy with the room temperature and only had to make one adjustment. Some of the hotels I've stayed in require me to make adjustments all night. Overall great experience. I would definitely stay again.

• Liked — Friendly Staff
  • Disliked — No shallow end in pool.
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Reviewed 24 June 2008

Tall people beware!!! If you are over 6 foot 5 inches, you will be too tall to walk down the hallways at the Sheraton--the ceilings in the hallway and bathroom are low! The mirror in the bathroom also hangs down low and all my husband could see was from his neck down. There is also no other mirror in the room except for one that is on a closet door that does not stay open. The room has updated decor, but they need to dust the wood cornice above the drapes as it was dusty and fingerprinted--GROSS! The pillows get flat quickly! The thermostat was set at sixty degrees, probably about a good 25 degrees off in my estimation because the room was hot, hot hot!
The attached parking lot is tight and low also--use caution.
The best thing about the room is the flat screen TV, but it will be too hot to enjoy it.
The Westin or Marriott in downtown Indy would be a better choice.

• Liked — Checking out
  • Disliked — Hot room, low ceilings
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank BuckeyeJamey

Travellers are raving about these Indianapolis hotels

Cincinnati
Reviewed 1 June 2008

The hotel is ok, but outside of the valet workers I think the rest of the employees have been awful. Everyone at the front desk is foreign (which is fine) but it seems like they just landed since they know nothing about the city or what services the hotel can provide. Every question I asked required them to go to the back office where an english speaking person would come out with attitude like I was inconveniencing them. There are plenty of other options in downtown that would be better than this.

Stayed May 2008
2 Thank noslaw26
DEN
Reviewed 21 April 2008

The Sheraton Indianapolis is in a great location however the property has some issues that need to be addressed before I stay there again. The first problem is the parking garage. It’s under construction and very difficult to navigate through. I suggest taking the additional insurance at your rental car company if you plan on parking at this hotel. I stayed at this hotel when it was a Radisson and I must say they have upgraded some features during the transition but are not done yet. While the changes such as bed linens and toiletries have been made, the rooms are still in need of remodeling. My room had an old air vent which made it difficult for me to sleep well, the carpet was also dingy and in need of replacement, the bathroom also needed retiling and my room had a dank smell like it use to be a smoking room or something. Oh yea… only a few of their elevators were working and the morning wait to get to the lobby was upwards of 5 minutes.

On a better note the staff was very friendly and made up for the hotels physical appearance. Aside from the $2 charge for a small tube of toothpaste I was very pleased with the level of service I received. While self parking I ended up in a valet space because they were full. I let the bellmen know and they were very helpful, one of them moved my vehicle for me and the other one helped me with restaurant recommendations while I waited to get my keys back.

They also have a Starbucks located in the lobby which is always a plus for me. This property isn’t all bad, I’m sure once they finish their remodel it will be a great place to stay but until then be prepared for a few inconveniences.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Parking Garage
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Shelleeee