“Do not stay here.”

Ranked #47 of 178 Hotels in Indianapolis
Minnesota
“Do not stay here.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2012

Upon returning to the room for the day I asked the hotel if they could make up the room. They first said yes but then called the room to tell me that since I had put a do not disturb sign on the door, it wasn't their problem to make up the room. What ridiculous customer service!!! I don't care who put the sign on the door, they have the housekeeping staff (I was already told that by the gentleman who came to my door) THEY SHOULD HAVE MADE UP THE ROOM. Apparently, the customer is never right here. It's pretty run down anyway, find another place.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
4 Thank travelers46
SheratonIndyGM, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre Hotel, responded to this review, 15 May 2012
We are very sorry that your room did not receive housekeeping service as requested. It is true that the room attendant cannot enter the room if the Do Not Disturb sign is in place. Your room should have been serviced because you requested the service. It looks like we failed to communicate it to housekeeping accodingly and for that I apologize. Thank you for sharing your experience. Your comments only help us to improve.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2012

This Sheraton was sub-par regarding room quality and amenities. The rooms appeared a little too worn and the parking structure is going through major renovations (I was warned that during the weekday the noise from the renovation does reach some of the rooms). Also, as another reviewer noted, the TV signal does cut out every few seconds...

However, the location of the hotel makes up for some of it's shortcomings. The hotel is located right off the circle and is pretty close to everything that is nearby.

I received a pretty good rate that included parking, but not sure I would stay again unless I received another good rate as the hotel just doesn't seem worth a four star price.

Room Tip: If there is still renovation within the garage, request a room facing away from the garage. Also, on...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Thank you so much for your review. We have noted your comments regarding the overall disappointing experience regarding the garage renovation, room amenities, and quality of TV channels. We would like to apologize for the issues you experienced and assure that we take your comments very serious.
Peoria, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2012 via mobile

I stayed at the Sheraton Downtown for a trade show and have to admit I was disappointed. On one hand, how much can I complain when I'm not paying? But honestly, the hotel left a bit to be desired. The parking garage is under construction so it was extremely crowded and dark/full of workers. The room was excessively warm and in need of an upgrade - worn carpets and older furniture full of scratches and worn finish. I haven't paid for internet in quite some time, it's $12/day here. If I didn't have to work in the evenings I'd have skipped it altogether.

But the location is fantastic. Walking distance to a ton of restaurants and bars, and the center of town. The hotel bar was also very nice; there was also a cafe and a Starbucks which was a nice alternative to the $15 breakfast buffet.

All in all not terrible, but not great either. Not sure if they're in the middle of a remodel, but if they are I'd wait until it was over, given that my room was on the 11th floor - the "preferred guest floor".

Stayed April 2012
Sorry for the delayed response and thank you for your valuable feedback. We apologize for the dissapointing experience regarding the renovation taking place in our hotel during your stay. We are happy to inform you that we have completed the first major part of the garage renovation and are finishing upgrading the carpet and lightning on guest floors. As for the internet charge, we do provide complimentary WiFi in our public areas including the lobby, restaurant, bar, and Starbucks. This is similar to the other full-service hotels in the downtown area. Again, thank you for providing us with your feedback. We do hope to have an opportunity to welcoming you back in the future.
Mililani, Hawaii
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2012

After reading several reviews of this property I was wary of slow elevators and faulty room thermostats. I was there for the Big 10 Men's Basketball Tournament. Had a room on the 11th floor which was the SPG Preferred Guest Floor. Though the room was clean and well maintained, our TV lost signal every 10 seconds. We had ten seconds of programming, then 30 seconds of "frozen screen". Elevators responded in a timely manner. However, still could not control the thermostat in our room; and though I was comfortable, there were a couple of times I felt the room was too hot and "stuffy" for my preference. Parking garage is dark, poorly lit and scary. The morning breakfast buffet at $15 is a good deal. Location is Excellent, within walking distance of tournament venue shopping and great restaurants. Concierge DAMIEN IRONS was a great help!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
Chicago, IL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2012

Stayed here for a night during the Big Ten men's basketball tournament on SPG points, and was pleasantly surprised. Rooms had been renovated since the last time I had stayed here (close to 10 years ago and don't think it was a Sheraton then).

Very comfortable bed, nice flat-screen TV with a lot of HD channels (better than a lot of hotels with new TVs but only a few HD channels), and a solid shower with good water pressure in a somewhat small bathroom.

The hotel was busy for the tournament (both the Michigan and Indiana teams were staying there), but staff was friendly. The front desk agent gave us club room access at check-in (I guess because I am SPG Gold), and the continental breakfast was good.

We liked that the location was walkable to the arena and just about everything else in downtown Indy, which has a great downtown for a city of its size with a lot of good bars and restaurants. Overall, the Sheraton is a very solid choice for business or pleasure.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends