Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre Hotel
US$ 338
US$ 309
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
Candlewood Suites Indianapolis East(Indianapolis)(Great Value!)
US$ 84
US$ 76
Candlewood Suites Indianapolis Airport(Indianapolis)(Great Value!)
US$ 103
US$ 123
US$ 108
US$ 115
Hotels.com
All reviewsmonument circlerooftop poolthe club loungewar memorialfront desk staffwithin easy walking distancebusiness tripself parkthe room was niceroom keylucas oil stadiumbeds were comfortablestarbucksspgcvsvaletrace
Reviewed 17 April 2012

This Sheraton was sub-par regarding room quality and amenities. The rooms appeared a little too worn and the parking structure is going through major renovations (I was warned that during the weekday the noise from the renovation does reach some of the rooms). Also, as another reviewer noted, the TV signal does cut out every few seconds...

However, the location of the hotel makes up for some of it's shortcomings. The hotel is located right off the circle and is pretty close to everything that is nearby.

I received a pretty good rate that included parking, but not sure I would stay again unless I received another good rate as the hotel just doesn't seem worth a four star price.

Room Tip: If there is still renovation within the garage, request a room facing away from the garage. Also, on the weekends, bikers like to rev their bikes along the circle, so a higher floor room is definitely better.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
SheratonIndyGM, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2012

Thank you so much for your review. We have noted your comments regarding the overall disappointing experience regarding the garage renovation, room amenities, and quality of TV channels. We would like to apologize for the issues you experienced and assure that we take your comments very serious.

Reviewed 12 April 2012

I stayed at the Sheraton Downtown for a trade show and have to admit I was disappointed. On one hand, how much can I complain when I'm not paying? But honestly, the hotel left a bit to be desired. The parking garage is under construction so it was extremely crowded and dark/full of workers. The room was excessively warm and in need of an upgrade - worn carpets and older furniture full of scratches and worn finish. I haven't paid for internet in quite some time, it's $12/day here. If I didn't have to work in the evenings I'd have skipped it altogether.

But the location is fantastic. Walking distance to a ton of restaurants and bars, and the center of town. The hotel bar was also very nice; there was also a cafe and a Starbucks which was a nice alternative to the $15 breakfast buffet.

All in all not terrible, but not great either. Not sure if they're in the middle of a remodel, but if they are I'd wait until it was over, given that my room was on the 11th floor - the "preferred guest floor".

Stayed: April 2012

Sorry for the delayed response and thank you for your valuable feedback. We apologize for the dissapointing experience regarding the renovation taking place in our hotel during your stay. We are happy to inform you that we have completed the first major part of the garage renovation and are finishing upgrading the carpet and lightning on guest floors. As for the internet charge, we do provide complimentary WiFi in our public areas including the lobby, restaurant, bar, and Starbucks. This is similar to the other full-service hotels in the downtown area. Again, thank you for providing us with your feedback. We do hope to have an opportunity to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 28 March 2012

After reading several reviews of this property I was wary of slow elevators and faulty room thermostats. I was there for the Big 10 Men's Basketball Tournament. Had a room on the 11th floor which was the SPG Preferred Guest Floor. Though the room was clean and well maintained, our TV lost signal every 10 seconds. We had ten seconds of programming, then 30 seconds of "frozen screen". Elevators responded in a timely manner. However, still could not control the thermostat in our room; and though I was comfortable, there were a couple of times I felt the room was too hot and "stuffy" for my preference. Parking garage is dark, poorly lit and scary. The morning breakfast buffet at $15 is a good deal. Location is Excellent, within walking distance of tournament venue shopping and great restaurants. Concierge DAMIEN IRONS was a great help!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 March 2012

Stayed here for a night during the Big Ten men's basketball tournament on SPG points, and was pleasantly surprised. Rooms had been renovated since the last time I had stayed here (close to 10 years ago and don't think it was a Sheraton then).

Very comfortable bed, nice flat-screen TV with a lot of HD channels (better than a lot of hotels with new TVs but only a few HD channels), and a solid shower with good water pressure in a somewhat small bathroom.

The hotel was busy for the tournament (both the Michigan and Indiana teams were staying there), but staff was friendly. The front desk agent gave us club room access at check-in (I guess because I am SPG Gold), and the continental breakfast was good.

We liked that the location was walkable to the arena and just about everything else in downtown Indy, which has a great downtown for a city of its size with a lot of good bars and restaurants. Overall, the Sheraton is a very solid choice for business or pleasure.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 March 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Sheraton Indianapolis City Center for one night upon the return from our honeymoon. The front desk staff was efficient, polite and professional. We received prompt service and a room upgrade to a suite without even asking.

Our room was large, clean, functional and well decorated. Largest flat screen TV I have ever seen in a hotel bedroom. The bathroom was the cleanest bathroom I have ever been in. Well done to the cleaning staff!! The hotel definitely reflects classic mid west theme and is relaxing. The location is perfect for the down town Indianapolis area.

The lobby is inviting and comfortable. We ate dinner at the restaurant and experienced wonderful service (only couple in the place but still above and beyond). Food was fresh, hot, fast and delicious. Prices were reasonable to fairly cheap for a hotel.

My wife and I have decided next time we are in Indianapolis we are staying at this property again. Downtown Indianapolis looks like a fun time!

Room Tip: We were on the 12th floor facing the street where the main door was and the view was great.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple