“Excellent visit” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Crowne Plaza Indianapolis Downtown (Union Station)

and 1 more site!
Crowne Plaza Indianapolis Downtown (Union Station)
Ranked #34 of 178 Hotels in Indianapolis
Zeeland, Michigan
“Excellent visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2012

We enjoyed our visit. Room was nice although our window showed into an inside stair well (I think all the windows were interior). It was cool to be in an old train station. Service from the valet and bell was excellent. Pool was a bit dirty but we still enjoyed it.

• Stayed April 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (230)
  • Korean first
Huntsville, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2012

This was a nice just a short skywalk to the conference center or a 1/2 block from Lucus Oil Stadium.
I stayed in a rail car in the hotel. It is a tight squeeze between the bed and windows but a fun experience to stay in a rail car. The trains do go right by this hotel so if you are close to the tracks you may feel them go by. I was on the far side so I felt a very gentle rumble, it was relaxing to me. The hotel is very nice and close to the downtown mall.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Denver, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2012

The rooms were average, but the hotel location and atmosphere was wonderful. This is a great location to enjoy everything in Downtown Indy. Customer service was very good.

Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Brooklyn, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2012

We're staying at the Crowne Plaza Union Station right now. I don't find the decor to be dated at all. It's clean, comfortable, and has everything we need. We even had a full size ironing board, hangers, large TV, coffee maker, king size bed, and three large mirrors. Not bad for $91 per night. It's super convenient and close to all points of interest in downtown Indianapolis - Lucas Oil stadium, lots of restaurants that are open late, etc. I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Auburn, Indiana
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

As you can see from my past reviews I am generally happy with almost all of my reviews. It usually takes a lot to upset me, but this CP has certainly done that.
Our room was a standard room on the south side of the building. It has qualified for the smallest bathroom that I have ever seen. You have to stand between the toilet and the tub in order to shut the door. (see photo..taken from inside the tub). On top of all of this the area behind the toilet is disgusting. It looks like there has been years of water damage w/o repair. I wont even get into the large amount of hair that was left for us in the tub.
I know that this is a "historic" building and I will give them credit for somethings being dated, but this was beyond the normal. I also realize that this hotel was built by a train station and I am not faulting them for that either.
I am a Platinum level member of Priority Club. One of the benifits is an occasional upgrade, special gifts, acknowledgement of your status, and things along this line. On this trip I was not given any acknowledgement of my status, no offer of an upgrade(2nd time in 2 trips) even though at 9 pm there were still rooms available in the executive level, no freebies like water or drink vouchers.
I am sorry, but I will not be returning to this CP. I have been very happy with the Intercontinental Hotel Group, but this hotel does not make the grade. I hope that IHG officials take a long look at what is going on here.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family