New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Staybridge Suites Indianapolis - City Centre

Staybridge Suites Indianapolis - City Centre
Ranked #39 of 184 Hotels in Indianapolis
Dayton, OH
“Family friendly & conveinent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2012

We have now stayed here twice while visiting overnight in Indianapolis with our 2 young children. The rates are a bargain in my opinion considering the quality and location. I love that we can get a 2 room suite so that my infant isn't bothered when he goes to bed earlier than us. The location to the stadium and is amazing, although we haven't ever visited during football season. It is a great location for city center mall, the zoo, and the children's museum. We will most likely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank allobosc
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Indonesian first
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2012

Stayed for an overnight trip. Would be great for an event at Lucas Oil. Nice room, equipped for longer stays as well. Would definitely stay again. Great free breakfast as well.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Gemelli
USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2012

This hotel was very nice. The service was good. We asked for lots of towels and blankets, and they accomodated us. The complimentary breakfast was good. The staff was helpful. The rooms were not huge, but comfortable. The bed and pillows were very comfortable. My only issue was, you have to walk through the bedroom to get to the bathroom. If you have someone staying on the pullout couch, which we did, it can be an issue. That seems to be the arrangement in many suite hotels, which I don't tlike. But I do like the way the bathroom sink is in a separate area from the shower and toilet. The kitchen area was adequate.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Suburban Detroit
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2012

I reviewed this hotel after our stay last year for Jamfest Super Nationals Cheer Competition in January. Last year I couldn't have been happier with our stay, this year I could have been a LOT happier.

I will start with THE GOOD.

To start, we got a great deal. We stayed as a group last year and were able to negotiate a good rate for this year based on that.

The room was nice and clean. That is very important to me. In fact, we loved the room. We had a double queen suite with a pull out couch in the living room. Plenty of room for the 4 of us that stayed there. Some in our group had as many as 6 in their rooms and they still felt comfortable. The kitchen with full fridge was a plus. It was perfect for leftovers from the restaurants we visited on our off time. It was nice to have cupboards filled with dishes and we were very happy to find wine glasses and even a wine opener. If you have ever had to spend a full day at the convention center with teenagers and non stop cheerleading, you know how much appreciated a nice glass of wine is when you get back to your hotel!

Breakfast was good, too. A nice selection. On Saturday we had to be at the competition so early that we missed breakfast but on Sunday the manager was very helpful and arranged to serve it an hour earlier than normal so we could eat before we left for the day. It was great to fill up before we hit the road back home on Monday, too.

The shuttle was a nice convience but it wasn't always running. However, the front desk was always quick to get a cab for us when needed. It was never more than 5 to7 bucks for a trip to any downtown destination.

Now, THE BAD

To start, we had a group with us. 6 rooms total. We understood we probably wouldn't all be right next door to each other but we requested we be close. They said "they'd try" but we were spread out all over that hotel. Some on 2nd floor. Some on 3rd. Some on 6th. Based on what I saw that weekend in the breakfast room, lobby, elevators, and parking lot they were not fully booked. I think they could have "tried" a little harder to get us at least on the same floor as each other.

Second, no maid service on weekends. No new towels, no trash emptied, no clean up, no beds made. If you wanted weekend maid service you had to call before 5 to arrange it, and you'd be charged. With 4 women in one room there was no way we could go three nights with the original set of towels. So, on Saturday (night 2) I called the front desk to ask for more towels and a trash bag since ours was completely overflowing and was barked at "you have to come down here for that!" So, down I went. I had to practically beg for enough towels for us to shower with, they did not want to give them up. And I was told there simply was no more trash bags to give. None. I had two more nights left with trash overflowing in the kitchen and bathroom and they would not give us a trash bag! Each one of my friends (6 rooms worth) all had the exact same problems. One was given hand towels to shower with, one was given dirty towels, and yet another was just told "sorry, no more towels". Nobody ever got a trash bag. Not one over the whole weekend. By Monday when we left we had trash piled all over the place. We used grocery bags and take out bags that we had with us but still, it was bad. And we had to deal with it all weekend since there was no maid to come through and pick it up. Awful. Just awful.

One last thing. While we all got a great rate, one person in our group was charged a LOT more than the rest of us and they had no explaination for it. They ended up taking $75 off her bill but that was still nowhere near the deal the rest of us got. When she complained and explained she was part of our group (booked together and everything) the front desk people had a "too bad so sad" attitude.

I was sadly disappointed in the Staybridge this trip. And that's unfortunate because last year was such a good experience. With the Super Bowl in Indy this year and Lucas Oil Stadium being just steps away you'd think they'd be on their A game but they really fell flat. I like the Staybridge in general but the lack of towels and trash build up did me in. I'm not sure I'd stay there again. I think if we go back to Jamfest next year I will try somewhere else.

Room Tip: If you don't get a room facing Lucas Oil Stadium, you have a view of ugly city. Not too much to...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank FamilyFunMom
Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2012

I was surprised we had to pay for parking on a night when it seemed completely dead downtown in December. The hotel front desk staff was not as friendly as they are at the one in Carmel. Rooms are pretty standard as others. Breakfast was about the same, but not laid out as well and in a smaller area. The seating area was so packed that there were no places to sit.

Had a colleague staying here the same night who checked in fairly late and she really had some issues with the staff and billing. Not sure I'd stay here again. Was in town for an event at the Marriott and that was beautiful hotel decorated really nice for Christmas. I would probably stay there if downtown again.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business