See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 7 August 2015

The pool they advertise has not been open all season. The Continental breakfast was knock off Sunny D, and a powdered coffee machine. That's it! The lobby was not air conditioned, so the units in all 3 of our rooms couldn't keep up, for the end of July. The jacuzzi tub was icky, so we only used it to soak our feet, and it threw so much mildew into the air, that we had trouble sleeping the next two nights and didn't use it again. The staff were nice, but not quite enough to make up for the rest. Also the neighborhood is run down, and since the offer weekly rates a lot of people stay there full time. Speaking of rates, we paid just shy of $60 for the regular rooms on Wednesday and Thursday through the hotels site. The Inn's sign advertised $39 a night Sunday through Thursday. So my advice, do not book this place at all. However if you need a really cheap place for a night, go there and rent a room...it'll be more worth that kind of $

Room Tip: Stay on the floor if you must, with the AC in the lobby, you'll stay cooler than upstairs.
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank BBBnRicter
rodewayinnindianapol, Webmaster at Shadeland Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2015

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your opinions. I’m terribly sorry that we failed to meet your needs and did not live up to your expectations. We take pride in our hotel and in providing a great place to stay for so many guests, and I deeply regret that we let you down. Perhaps you will give us another try in the future so we can do a better job of satisfying you. We’re always working to get better.

Reviewed 4 August 2015

The building is run down and had broken glass in the parking lot that obviously came from a car window. Upon entering the hotel we were welcomed by the smell of mold there wasn't anyone sitting behind the wall of bullet proof glass at the front desk. Our room was gross, we got the hot tub room and it had pubic hairs around and in the tub, stained bedding and I don't think the floors or walls have ever been cleaned. The smell of mold was concealed by the smell of body odor coming from the construction crew working across from our room. The pool that we were looking forward too was broken and had been broken for awhile (They really shouldn't advertise they have a pool if it's broken). We turn around and left immediately. I'm pretty sure this hotel has hourly rates cause we seen 2 "working girls" in the lobby.

Room Tip: Pick a different hotel
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank 25BR25

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments despite not staying with us. I’m terribly sorry that we failed to meet your expectations. We take real pride in this hotel and believe that pride shows in everything we do. I’m disappointed that you did not stay with us, and I hope you will try us again in the future. We’re always working to make the guest experience the best in the area.

Reviewed 10 February 2015

The blanket had blood stains, there was blunt butts from who knows how long, half smoked cigarette at the head of the bed and a large red stain that looked like blood. Lovely place, huh? Did I mention the dust on the ceiling or the crumbs on the mattress that looked like chicken crust or the ashes on the end of box springs? Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: February 2015
2  Thank DByndum
rodewayinnindianapol, Webmaster at Shadeland Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2015

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. I’m terribly sorry that we failed to meet your expectations in some ways. We take real pride in this hotel and believe that pride shows in everything we do. I’m disappointed that we could not satisfy you, and I hope you will try us again in the future. We’re always working to make the guest experience better than ever before.

Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

I booked this hotel off of a hotel booking site I wasn't sure of the good review and bad reviews... Got there and drove around the building it was do NASTY broken windows people drinking in the parking lot and the place looked run down. The pictures are very deceiving... I called the site because I didn't feel like my kids would be safe sleeping there. They called the manager at the hotel who still wanted to charge me for canceling until I went inside and asked to see the room and they had bed bugs then the manager refunded me my money.

Stayed: August 2014
6  Thank Jennifer P
rodewayinnindianapol, Webmaster at Shadeland Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2014

Dear Guest,

Thanks for commenting even though you chose not to stay with us. I regret that you accuse us of having an insect problem when no such problem exists. I also regret that we could not serve you, but I hope you found pleasant and desirable accommodations elsewhere in town. Maybe we can serve you next time. We’re always getting better because of our continuous improvement process.

Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

Blankets had stains, tub had caulking falling off. Had to clean hair dryer. It had dirt and dust all over it. Gross!! Stay away. Pool was closed, it was empty of water. Breakfast was Sunny D. That's it. Front desk was behind glass. Towels were old and very rough. You get what u pay for.

Stayed: July 2014
4  Thank Lola N
rodewayinnindianapol, Webmaster at Shadeland Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. I’m sorry we could not satisfy you during your recent stay. We take real pride in this hotel and most guests are completely satisfied. In fact, we satisfy hundreds every month. I apologize that we failed to meet your expectations in this isolated case and hope you will try us again. We’re always changing and improving with the goal of being better than ever before.