“Only stayed because pet-friendly hotels were limited”

Motel 6 Indianapolis - Southport
Ranked #135 of 182 Hotels in Indianapolis
Chicago, Illinois
“Only stayed because pet-friendly hotels were limited”
Reviewed 1 April 2012 via mobile

I needed a hotel in the Indianapolis area that would allow dogs and the options were very limited so I booked a room here despite the reviews. Our stay was fine (despite the bad smell in the entryway), but not as other reviews mention it just wasn't very high quality. I would rather pay more for a nicer place to say, even for just 1 night.

Stayed March 2012
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Chicago vicinity
Reviewed 1 July 2011

My review from March, 2011 still, mostly, holds true. This is dog-friendly hotel close to the interstate that we've stayed at a few times during the past several years. We had no problems with the most recent stay although the room rate was bit higher. In March our room rate was < $75. At that rate the hotel value/quality was above-average. For the most recent stay, the rate was nearly $100. Summer rates perhaps? At that rate, though, the value/quality is just average.

I would stay here again, but I'm definitely going to check out other nearby options.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
Chicago vicinity
Reviewed 28 March 2011

The above caption pretty much sums it all up. We needed a cheap, dog-friendly hotel close to the interstate. We had stayed here about 2-3 years ago and had no problem with staying there again. Compared to other hotels in that price range (room rate + dog fee + tax < $75) it was above-average.

I really liked that I made an advance reservation asking for a specific type of room (because of the dog) and got a room that matched my request exactly. I didn't notice any problems with the cleanliness of our room or of the hotel grounds and everything in our room worked properly.

On the negative side, I thought the bed's comfort was so-so, but my wife thought it was rather uncomfortable. I skipped the breakfast buffet because there weren't any "healthy" options. Ironically, I went to "Long's Bakery" about 2 miles west on Southport Ave. I figured that if I was going to eat poorly, I might as well eat some fresh bakery donuts rather than store-bought boxed donuts.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
Whitewater, Wisconsin
Reviewed 29 July 2010

My co worker and I called back in at the end of April to make reservations for our week long trip to Indiana for a work conference. We asked BEFORE we arrived if the rooms had microwaves, refrigerators, internet and a pool. The man we spoke with ( who had a thick accent so I am unsure of the name) was Mike or Nick. Anyways, I was told YES, they have those things. We booked the room.

On July 19th we arrived in Indianapolis and found the hotel. First of all, it's in the same parking lot as another hotel, the parking lot is awful. We parked and got our room. When we first entered the lobby, it didn't look ANYTHING like the beatiful photos on the website. We got our room key and went up to the room. First we noticed the smell, either moldy, or smoky or something. Then we noticed that there was no refrig. or microwave! The room wasn't the most pleasant, but we didn't stick around to find out anything more. We headed down to the lobby and asked about the microwave and refrig. They said they never told me the rooms had that and that there was nothing they could do about it. They said the King Bed room would have a microwave...but then I would have to share a bed with a co worker!!! Duh! Also, they would charge me more for the KING room.

I started calling other hotels. Thankfully, We found a wonderful, very friendly hotel that had a room for the week. We "checked out" 20 minutes after we "checked in" from Quality Inn. The only good thing is that they promised not to charge my credit card and as of now, ( 10 days later) they haven't charged it.

I would NOT recommend this hotel!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank frugalmommie22

Travellers are raving about these Indianapolis hotels

Chicago
Reviewed 9 May 2010

Beggers can't be choosers when you're traveling with pets, but when the Country Inn across the parking lot turned us away because of our dog (which we had mentioned in our reservation), this place worked fine as a backup. It's not the greatest motel, but it's was half the price of the Country Inn across the parking lot. And since all we needed was a bed for a stop-over, it worked fine. This is not a place I would recommend for multiple nights. But if you're looking for a bed right off the highway at the "Crossroads of America" it works.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Indianapolis
0.3 km away
4.4 km away
Super 8 Indianapolis
Super 8 Indianapolis
#79 of 182 in Indianapolis

Been to Motel 6 Indianapolis - Southport? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK