“The option by the hotels near Indy's Airport”
Review of Nicolino's Italian

Nicolino's Italian
Reserve with OpenTable
Nicolino's Italian is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #374 of 2,561 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Price range: US$ 7 - US$ 45
Cuisines: Italian
Dining style: Casual Dining
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed 22 December 2017 via mobile

Although we had to wait a bit before our order was taken, I could say the food was delicious. We ordered a meat pizza to share plus our desserts. You should try the chocolate mousse.

Reviewed 22 December 2017 via mobile

We ended up here by default as it was late and we were tired after a day of driving.
Wish we had gone to one of my original choices.
As we walked in we weren't sure where to go, as there was both a lounge and restaurant entrance and nobody to greet us. Or any of the subsequent diners that followed.
We finally seated ourselves in the lounge area and were greeted by a server who was all alone and also served as the hostess, the bartender, the busser and possibly the cook.
The restaurant had definitely seen better days and some of the overstuffed side chairs were worn through to the stuffing.
Once approached by the server I ordered the lasagna ($15) and my wife ordered the chicken parmesan ($17). A bit pricey for the portion size and surroundings.
My lasagna was charred around the entire perimeter, as if left in the salamander or microwave too long. When I mentioned it to the server, I got no response at all.
My wife's chicken parmesan was a plain chicken breast on a bed of noodles.
No salad, no parmesan cheese, no bread was ever offered.
We finally asked for rolls and the server disappeared for 5 minutes, leaving another couple waiting to receive menus and another waiting to be seated.
To be honest my lasagna wasn't bad, and the chicken parmesan was passable, and the only reason I gave it 2 stars.

This is a place that is, in my opinion, surviving only because of lack of nearby competition and definitely needs a visit by one of these restaurant saviour reality shows.
It seems to have an owner that just doesn't care anymore.

Reviewed 17 December 2017

I ate here while staying at the hotel for a tax seminar and cannot say that I was that impressed. Walking in there was no one to seat you so I walked up to the bar and was told to sit where ever I wanted. After taking a seat, several minutes passed before a waitress appeared to take my order and then realized that I did not have a menu. I told her it was alright, that I had reviewed the menu online and would like to have the clams and linguini. She stated that that entrée was no longer available and not having glasses in a dark room I ordered a shrimp dish off the menu once one was located. I sat there for several minutes expecting bread and perhaps olive oil while awaiting my meal, but it never came. Not that it stated it would, but my experiences in Italian restaurants have taught me that bread usually comes before your meal. Not so here. My entrée finally came and it was so spicy I could not taste anything due to the heat of the dish. It just was not that good. I paid my $26 bill and decided the next time I would drive somewhere to eat.

Reviewed 10 November 2017

Outstanding food, great prices and good service. The M-F lunch pasta buffet is spectacular. The bar has a nice feel and great beer selection. overall..... excellent restaurant.

Reviewed 3 October 2017

We ate all of our meals at the hotel. From ordering off the menu to getting the buffet everything was wonderful great staff