All reviews cinnamon rolls hi express typical eggs front desk usa today pull out couch big room platinum member rooms are clean special thanks light sleeper recently stayed here stay there again good nights sleep each morning staff was very friendly and helpful flat screen tv
Reviewed 28 August 2018

Holiday Inn & Suites are usually one of our go to hotels. There was nothing special about this one though. We arrived, checked in ( I booked 2 rooms) and got our keys. The girl at the front desk did not tell us about check out time, breakfast hours, pool hours, free bottled water etc. The beds were very uncomfortable. The one my husband and I slept in sagged in the middle. He did not sleep very well at all. The beds in the other room weren't much better. My son and his family didn't sleep well either. Breakfast the next morning was again nothing special. The typical eggs, sausage, cereal, breads, pancakes, fruit, milk and juices. By the way, the pancake machine was broken when we were there for breakfast. I will say the cinnamon rolls were wonderful! No water pitcher if you just wanted ice water, I was told to get a cup, go to the ice machine and asked the desk for the free water. Will try another hotel another time. Too much money for what we got.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Staci H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Indianapolis East, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2018

Claudiaoh1,

Thank you for choosing us for your one night stay. We know that you had many options to choose from. I am very sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with your stay. The things you mentioned are certainly easily fixable and should have been taken care of upon your arrival. We do our very best to ensure that everything is operable and of easy access for our guests. I will review this with the team.
Again thank you, we hope you will give us another try as this is the exception and not the rule at our hotel.

Reviewed 20 August 2018

An IHG Platinum member, I stay at many HI Expresses around the country. This one is just okay. I'm being generous. I found the staff to be friendly, helpful, and efficient. I found the physical premises to be outdated and a bit worn. I stayed in a suite. The beds were fine. But when I stepped in the shower, I left dirty footprints. I guess that's because the carpet must have been dirty. Ugh. The exercise room is very small. The dining area is the smallest (and darkest) I've ever seen in a HI Express. The food was the standard fare so that was just fine. But I think whoever the franchisee is needs to shut this place down and do a makeover, and freshen this place up, get into a more up-to-date color scheme, and revamp the public amenities. I didn't find it as bad as some of the other review, but really, there are too many other options in Indianapolis to stay there again.

Room Tip: Only stayed one night so I really don't have any tips
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
Staci H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Indianapolis East, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2018

Littlefield19,

Thank you for the honest feedback. We truly appreciate it. I am happy that you found my staff to be friendly and efficient. I certainly understand your feelings of the hotel itself being worn and outdated. We do our very best to make sure everyone is comfortable and satisfied. With all the options there are in Indy we are glad you chose to stay with us.
Again thank you and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 15 July 2018

Check in wasn't too big of an issue, went pretty smooth. I had booked this room through park and fly website, and got the room at a discounted rate. The hotel is clean, very modern decor. Room was nice, however the hotel is built right next to 465 and a very busy exit. So you hear every semi truck and their jake brake exiting to Rockville Rd, as well as just the general road noise from a busy expressway outside your window. There are a number of other options in this area, I'd opt for the furthest one back off the road, the Wingate.
Now on to the lack of service. The morning we left there was a receipt slipped under the door, of course the price of the room was not what I booked the room for online. So when I went down talk to the clerk at the desk, they couldn't explain this mistake to me and the manager wouldn't be in until after I was gone. I did call back and talk to the manager later and he wasn't much help then or when he showed up. I only got to talk to him briefly because their shuttle driver never showed up. Turned out I did not get over charged for the room just a standard receipt that gets printed out.
The other issue we had was their shuttle service. I don't remember how often they claim to run their shuttle, but we waited close to 45 minutes to get to the airport. Turned out somebody called in sick or some other BS excuse. I asked several times about getting somebody to take us to the airport and I kept getting yes sir our driver will be here in a few minutes. This didn't make any sense because I watched a guy drive the shuttle up and park it, then proceed to mill about the lobby but could drive us to the airport. Because the driver never showed up I was able to complain to George directly about how terrible his hotel was run. They even had a sign in the lobby asking how they were doing, and I let him know I was not impressed. I wouldn't stay here again on my own accord. Like I said before there are numerous other options in the immediate area.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
StaciH104, Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Indianapolis East, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2018

Hello thank you for responding and leaving feedback, however this is the Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis East. I believe you have reviewed the wrong hotel.

Reviewed 12 July 2018

The stay was great until we checked in!! LOL The front desk clerk did not offer amenity or points. When we got the room, there was an old bottle cap on the floor, the room phone did not work, and there wasn't any internet. I went right to the front desk. The woman in front of me was trying to check out after she just arrived because she also had no working phone or internet. The front desk clerk denied her a refund. When I told her about the phone and internet she said she knew they were out. I asked if she called her manager, she said no because I am talking to you. I suggested she call her manager, as it seemed to be unsafe not to have a phone in the room. She said she couldn't because she was talking to me. We never did get internet or phone service. I emailed the manager to which I got a snippy response and not offer to try to make anything right. I would not recommend this place to anyone!

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 April 2018 via mobile

The hotel was busy right from the beginning. To start I was not offered an amenity or points. When I went to the 2nd floor, it was also very humid. That probably had something to do with the fact that the pools Atrium went up to the second floor. Room was big however it was dated. The bathroom was very small and it looks like there's mold and mildew on the ceiling. They're also no bath towels. All the bed sheets look cleaned but the skirts were old and looked stained.

The lamp had 2 outlets to plug into so that was good. There was also a flat screen TV with crystal clear picture so that was nice also. The desk, chair, and couch were clean also. I don't think I'll stay here again though.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Indianapolis East, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2018

Hello dennis k,

Thank you for staying with us and for enumerating the good, the bad and the opportunities to improve. While I am pleased that you found our rooms to be big and sheets clean and amenities to be nice, I truly value the negative comments as this gives us the opportunity of improving what we can offer. I am sorry for the cleanliness and size of the bathroom fell below your expectations. It is not enough for us to be just good, we want to be exceptional and even though we could not fulfill your expectations this time, we will continue our work to improve all our services and facilities.

Thank you for being a part of our continuous efforts of creating great hotels that guests love. Your loyalty is always greatly appreciated and if you might have any suggestions that will contribute to enhancing your stay, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind Regards,