“Family friendly, close to activities”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Indianapolis Downtown
Ranked #53 of 185 Hotels in Indianapolis
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 3 August 2017

Stayed here 4 nights for a conference at the convention center. Short walk each day to conference. My family, wife and 4 small children stayed part of the time with me and we had enough room in a two double with pull-out room. Lots to do within walking distance. Everyone we encountered at hotel was helpful and kind. Breakfast was included and met our needs.
My room was reserved originally as a single King room, this was incorrect and the front desk change this for us without a problem.
We did get dinner from TGIFridays and it wasn't that great. Convenient, but not great, this isn't hotels fault though!!
Parking is expensive, just do valet...its only a few dollars more. Cost of parking is about the same all around the hotel.
We would defiantly consider staying here again as a family. Our room was clean, and had everything we needed. Thank you!

Room Tip: Great view of the museums from our room, ask for a view of the street
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Monica B, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Indianapolis Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2017

Good Evening- Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent stay at our hotel. We are thrilled to learn that you were able to enjoy some of the attractions near by and that our front desk team was able to accommodate the room request change. We look forward to welcoming you back when travel brings you into Indianapolis again!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Fairfield Inn & Suites Indianapolis Downtown

Reviewed 26 July 2017

I stayed 4 nights at this hotel. It's a typical city hotel-overpriced, and nothing special about the room to set it apart. It was very clean and nicely furnished. What does set it apart is the excellent location. My spouse came with me to the convention, and he had no trouble amusing himself. There are two museums across the street, and the White River State Park is around the corner. The Indiana Convention Center is a very short walk, as well as numerous dining options. (There is a TGIFridays connected to the hotel, too.) The complimentary breakfast included a good variety of hot and cold foods. Everyone at the front desk was friendly and helpful.

I had the option of staying in many different hotels near the convention center. This one was less expensive than most of the other options, so it is a good value. Be aware that underground self-parking will be at least $30 per night. We would choose it again if we were staying in downtown Indy.

Room Tip: The 7th floor was pretty quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Monica B, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Indianapolis Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2017

Good Morning-

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your recent experience at the hotel! We are thrilled to learn that you loved our location and were able to enjoy some of the local attractions like the museums and park located just across the street from our hotel.

I will share your feedback with our staff about your stay to continue to encourage great service.

We look forward to welcoming you back if travel brings you back to Indianapolis!

Reviewed 19 July 2017

Stayed this hotel for one whole week. Only time our room got cleaned was just once. I requested a few times because we were out of toilet rolls, amenities such as shampoo, conditioner...and towels. We did not get our room cleaned for the first two days, and after they came to clean, none. I am not exaggerating. On our sixth morning, I requested to talk to the manager, but he/she was there, but "busy." As I told the situation to this female front desk staff before I was leaving for my appointment to get our room cleaned as we have our trash bins full too. She assured me she would make sure it would happen. Mid day- we returned, it was not done. Before we went out for dinner, I requested to meet the manager again...he/she was still busy, but the front desk agent told me she would make sure....nothing was done when we returned at 11:30 p.m.

I went downstairs and asked the male staff for the manager...he said he would leave a note for the manager, but he himself would bring the items I am asking for...

Almost midnight, he calls my room and asked me what I needed. He told me to leave the trash outside in the hallway...It seems he took care of them, but then he went down to get towels and amenities...it was after midnight.

The gym I used every day was also filthy. I can tell no one comes to clean. I saw a sticky yucky lollipop on the machine on the day I came, and it was still there when I left. a week later. Normally I get Feedback email, but nothing came this time. I emailed Marriott, but no response after three weeks. I emailed again, but still no response. I called last week and finally told what happened. I got a email from the manager of the hotel. Surprisingly I found out this man who brought towels and told me to leave trash out in the hallway WAS the manager. He was there every time I asked for the manager to speak to...The email response from him was pretty surprising too..."we were under-staffed and some of out guests even sympathized us..."

I need to go back to Indianapolis in a few weeks...not staying there again! Canceled and moving to Hilton. I have chosen this hotel because it is a Marriott chain I have trusted, but the service I got was worse than a motel.

Room Tip: request a room off a busy street
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Monica B, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Indianapolis Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2017

Good Afternoon-

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and bring these items to our attention. I want to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay as this is definitely not normal operations for our hotel. We take issues like this very seriously and I am addressing the issues you encountered with room servicing directly with my Housekeeping Manager to follow up on why your room was not refreshed.

As far as requesting to speak to a manager, I again apologize one was not available when you asked as there is always a manager on duty that should be available at any time as the guest is always our priority.

Please accept my apology for the issues you faced and do not hesitate to reach out if there is something I can personally do for you to ensure this is corrected if you decide to travel back to our hotel.

Warm Regards,
Monica Burger
Front Desk Manager

Reviewed 17 July 2017

While attending a recent conference in Indy, my husband and I stayed at the downtown Fairfield Inn & Suites for 5 days. The staff was courteous, friendly, efficient, prompt, and extremely professional. Our room was comfortable and well maintained in a timely fashion each day. The breakfast was delicious with a wide variety of options, and the staff was attentive and readily available if anything ran short. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Monica B, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Indianapolis Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2017

Jennie- Thank you so much for the 5 star review! We are so happy that you were able to take advantage of the complimentary breakfast options and enjoyed our staff. I hope you enjoyed the conference and look forward to seeing you again if travel brings you back to Indy!

Reviewed 6 July 2017

The location of the hotel is absolutely perfect, within walking distance of everything, yet out of the way where traffic isn't an issue. The valet Johnathan is super-responsive, the front desk always seems available and Paige was very friendly and helpful. The rooms have been obviously modernized with new carpeting, beds, decor, which is great. The beds were comfy. We also had great control of the AC, which is so important! Also, parking was almost half the price of the hotel next door, and breakfast was included. This hotel has a lot going for it over more expensive choices in the area.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Clayton M
Monica B, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Indianapolis Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2017

Clayton-
Thank you so much for the positive review! We are so glad that you were able to enjoy many of the hotel amenities. We will make sure that we praise both Paige and Johnathan and recognize them at our daily meetings. We are so happy that you loved our hotel and look forward to hosting you again soon!