All reviews tgi fridays convention center indiana state museum parking garage white river state park baseball field free breakfast lucas oil stadium walking distance swim meet hard boiled eggs canal walk self park this past weekend indianapolis downtown the breakfast area per day
Reviewed 19 July 2017

Stayed this hotel for one whole week. Only time our room got cleaned was just once. I requested a few times because we were out of toilet rolls, amenities such as shampoo, conditioner...and towels. We did not get our room cleaned for the first two days, and after they came to clean, none. I am not exaggerating. On our sixth morning, I requested to talk to the manager, but he/she was there, but "busy." As I told the situation to this female front desk staff before I was leaving for my appointment to get our room cleaned as we have our trash bins full too. She assured me she would make sure it would happen. Mid day- we returned, it was not done. Before we went out for dinner, I requested to meet the manager again...he/she was still busy, but the front desk agent told me she would make sure....nothing was done when we returned at 11:30 p.m.

I went downstairs and asked the male staff for the manager...he said he would leave a note for the manager, but he himself would bring the items I am asking for...

Almost midnight, he calls my room and asked me what I needed. He told me to leave the trash outside in the hallway...It seems he took care of them, but then he went down to get towels and amenities...it was after midnight.

The gym I used every day was also filthy. I can tell no one comes to clean. I saw a sticky yucky lollipop on the machine on the day I came, and it was still there when I left. a week later. Normally I get Feedback email, but nothing came this time. I emailed Marriott, but no response after three weeks. I emailed again, but still no response. I called last week and finally told what happened. I got a email from the manager of the hotel. Surprisingly I found out this man who brought towels and told me to leave trash out in the hallway WAS the manager. He was there every time I asked for the manager to speak to...The email response from him was pretty surprising too..."we were under-staffed and some of out guests even sympathized us..."

I need to go back to Indianapolis in a few weeks...not staying there again! Canceled and moving to Hilton. I have chosen this hotel because it is a Marriott chain I have trusted, but the service I got was worse than a motel.

Room tip: request a room off a busy street
Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Monica B, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Indianapolis Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2017

Good Afternoon-

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and bring these items to our attention. I want to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay as this is definitely not normal operations for our hotel. We take issues like this very seriously and I am addressing the issues you encountered with room servicing directly with my Housekeeping Manager to follow up on why your room was not refreshed.

As far as requesting to speak to a manager, I again apologize one was not available when you asked as there is always a manager on duty that should be available at any time as the guest is always our priority.

Please accept my apology for the issues you faced and do not hesitate to reach out if there is something I can personally do for you to ensure this is corrected if you decide to travel back to our hotel.

Warm Regards,
Monica Burger
Front Desk Manager

Reviewed 17 July 2017

While attending a recent conference in Indy, my husband and I stayed at the downtown Fairfield Inn & Suites for 5 days. The staff was courteous, friendly, efficient, prompt, and extremely professional. Our room was comfortable and well maintained in a timely fashion each day. The breakfast was delicious with a wide variety of options, and the staff was attentive and readily available if anything ran short. We would definitely stay there again.

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Monica B, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Indianapolis Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2017

Jennie- Thank you so much for the 5 star review! We are so happy that you were able to take advantage of the complimentary breakfast options and enjoyed our staff. I hope you enjoyed the conference and look forward to seeing you again if travel brings you back to Indy!

Reviewed 6 July 2017

The location of the hotel is absolutely perfect, within walking distance of everything, yet out of the way where traffic isn't an issue. The valet Johnathan is super-responsive, the front desk always seems available and Paige was very friendly and helpful. The rooms have been obviously modernized with new carpeting, beds, decor, which is great. The beds were comfy. We also had great control of the AC, which is so important! Also, parking was almost half the price of the hotel next door, and breakfast was included. This hotel has a lot going for it over more expensive choices in the area.

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Clayton M
Monica B, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Indianapolis Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2017

Clayton-
Thank you so much for the positive review! We are so glad that you were able to enjoy many of the hotel amenities. We will make sure that we praise both Paige and Johnathan and recognize them at our daily meetings. We are so happy that you loved our hotel and look forward to hosting you again soon!

Reviewed 26 June 2017

Spent one night here for a weekend getaway and anniversary celebration. Great location near the canal and zoo (if you are interested in that). Short 5 minute walk to downtown and mall. Room was clean, check-in was easy. The parking is not free so be prepared to spend $32 for overnight parking and have to walk a little from parking to your room. Room facing Washington St was a little noisy on the 6th floor but a noise machine makes all that go away (we use an app on our phone).

There is a TGIF in the hotel area for quick eats. Breakfast in the morning was a typical hotel breakfast. This was the busiest breakfast I've seen at a hotel but staff did a great job keeping up with the large crowds.

We would stay here again for sure. Was easy check-in (and we checked in several hours early) and staff was fast and efficient. Thanks Fairfield!

Room tip: will have to pay for parking at $32 for overnight. Rooms facing Washington St are a bit noisy at night and early morning with traffic.
Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Monica B, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Indianapolis Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2017

Hi Nathan-
Thank you so much for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay at the hotel. We always appreciate the information as this continues to allow for improvements or opportunities to praise our staff. I am thrilled to know that we were able to provide an early check in for your stay! We look forward to welcoming you back if you get the chance to have another weekend getaway!

Reviewed 26 May 2017 via mobile

Was attending a conference at the JW Marriott. This hotel adjoins the JW and you can easily get there via the underground garage within 2 minutes, very convenient. The room was fine, clean and comfortable. It had a microwave and a mini fridge. Breakfast includes variety of hot and cold options. TGI Fridays is next door. There are 2 museums across the street, White River canal walk as well as other restaurants, shops, and city attractions are all walking distance.

I deducted a star for the check-in experience. As a first time guest staying at the hotel, I expected more introduction of the property and the surrounding area. As someone who worked for a hotel as a front desk staff while attending college, I was trained to ask guests if they'd stayed with us before and if not then we'd tell them more about the hotel amenities such as restaurant options, gym/pool, etc. Anyway, I was given room keys and told what time breakfast starts. Umm..how about telling me where the elevator is next? My interaction with the staff was primarily with the front desk staff during the 4 night stay. Don't get me wrong, they were all nice but would like to see the hotel management up their game for guest check-in experience.

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
Erica W, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Indianapolis Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at the Fairfield Inn and Suites Indianapolis Downtown!

I am happy that overall your stay was good. We will absolutely work with our front desk on scripting upon arrival and appreciate all your feedback.

We hope you give us another opportunity next time you are in Indianapolis.

Erica