All reviews tgi fridays convention center indiana state museum the underground parking garage lucas oil stadium white river state park walking distance free breakfast victory field room was clean canal walk hard boiled eggs self park swim meet stay there again per day capitol building
Reviewed 26 June 2017

Spent one night here for a weekend getaway and anniversary celebration. Great location near the canal and zoo (if you are interested in that). Short 5 minute walk to downtown and mall. Room was clean, check-in was easy. The parking is not free so be prepared to spend $32 for overnight parking and have to walk a little from parking to your room. Room facing Washington St was a little noisy on the 6th floor but a noise machine makes all that go away (we use an app on our phone).

There is a TGIF in the hotel area for quick eats. Breakfast in the morning was a typical hotel breakfast. This was the busiest breakfast I've seen at a hotel but staff did a great job keeping up with the large crowds.

We would stay here again for sure. Was easy check-in (and we checked in several hours early) and staff was fast and efficient. Thanks Fairfield!

Room Tip: will have to pay for parking at $32 for overnight. Rooms facing Washington St are a bit noisy at night and early morning with traffic.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Monica B, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Indianapolis Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2017

Hi Nathan-
Thank you so much for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay at the hotel. We always appreciate the information as this continues to allow for improvements or opportunities to praise our staff. I am thrilled to know that we were able to provide an early check in for your stay! We look forward to welcoming you back if you get the chance to have another weekend getaway!

Reviewed 26 May 2017 via mobile

Was attending a conference at the JW Marriott. This hotel adjoins the JW and you can easily get there via the underground garage within 2 minutes, very convenient. The room was fine, clean and comfortable. It had a microwave and a mini fridge. Breakfast includes variety of hot and cold options. TGI Fridays is next door. There are 2 museums across the street, White River canal walk as well as other restaurants, shops, and city attractions are all walking distance.

I deducted a star for the check-in experience. As a first time guest staying at the hotel, I expected more introduction of the property and the surrounding area. As someone who worked for a hotel as a front desk staff while attending college, I was trained to ask guests if they'd stayed with us before and if not then we'd tell them more about the hotel amenities such as restaurant options, gym/pool, etc. Anyway, I was given room keys and told what time breakfast starts. Umm..how about telling me where the elevator is next? My interaction with the staff was primarily with the front desk staff during the 4 night stay. Don't get me wrong, they were all nice but would like to see the hotel management up their game for guest check-in experience.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Erica W, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Indianapolis Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at the Fairfield Inn and Suites Indianapolis Downtown!

I am happy that overall your stay was good. We will absolutely work with our front desk on scripting upon arrival and appreciate all your feedback.

We hope you give us another opportunity next time you are in Indianapolis.

Erica

Reviewed 11 April 2017 via mobile

Great employees, great breakfast, too expensive, room incredibly small.

Bathroom was newly remodeled but the room itself was the smallest I've ever had at a Marriot property. 2 people standing at the same time was one too many.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Michael P
Erica W, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Indianapolis Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2017

Michael P, thank you so much for providing us with feedback regarding our property! We're sorry the room was too small for your needs, but we are glad you enjoyed interacting with our guests and eating breakfast. We hope you continue to use Marriott and will think of the Marriott Complex while in Indianapolis in the future.

Reviewed 11 April 2017 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at the Fairfield Inn and Suites while attending a conference at the IN Convention Center and felt very welcomed the moment we walked in the door, even though we had arrived after 11 pm. The lobby was clean, our room was very comfortable, even though we didn't spend a ton of time in it. The complimentary breakfast had the traditional variety of various cereals, egg dishes, bacon, sausage, bagels, fruit, waffles, etc. A T.G.I.Fridays was right next door to the hotel which was also convenient for lunch and dinner. The convention center was 2 blocks away, a very easy walk from our hotel. If you are attending a conference and staying here you don't really need a rental car. Our cab fare from the airport to the hotel was about $35 (since our flight arrived after the last shuttle to the airport.)There is a shuttle that takes you to the JW Marriott right next door if you want to save a little bit of money. There are also some interesting museums right across the street if you would like to do some sightseeing in Indianapolis. The state capitol is also down the street within walking distance. We would definitely stay here again. Only complaint... weak coffee...but there are quite a few coffee places to choose from in the vicinity.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Janet O

Janet O, thank you so much for the kind review! We're so happy to hear you enjoyed your visit with us at our Fairfield Indianapolis Downtown. We absolutely love serving our guests and we're glad you were able to enjoy the location, breakfast, and surrounding amenities. We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 30 March 2017 via mobile

The stay was very nice and the hotel was very clean and friendly. I always enjoy coming to the city of Indianapolis. The part that made the hotel so much better was when I was trying to get something out of my car, a very polite valet name Brenda helped me open the truck, and told me to have a good day.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank HBrad03

Thank you so much for writing a wonderful review on behalf of our property! We're so glad you enjoyed the cleanliness of the facilities and the friendliness of the staff, especially Brenda. Please stay with us again when your travels bring you back to Indy!