“Eat & sleep in convenient locale”

Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis South/Greenwood
Ranked #8 of 186 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed 24 April 2012

This hotel has a very convenient location, just off I-65 south of Indianapolis. It's location lends itself to groceries, gas, general merchandise and specialy shops on each corner. The added bonus is, it is not necessary to leave the hotel for meals.
Check-in was a breeze with very helpful front desk staff. A convenient "mini-mart" is also located near the front desk for snacks, drinks and sundries.
A very nice amenity after a 12 hour travel day. Our room was a King whirlpool suite. VERY LARGE and spacious.....so spacious, it actually needs more furniture or work on its feng shui. The current arrangement lends the room to feeling sparse. However, what is in the room is still in new condition. The bed features a "dial" referred to as "choose your snooze" which increases or decreases the beds firmness. We adjusted the bed several times, we could NOT get this bed at a comfortable setting. We DO NOT care for this bed. For whirlpool ambiance, the room has a gas fireplace in view. The kitchenette is well-appointed. Plenty of closet space and a spacious bathroom/shower.
The restaurant "The Great American Bar & Grill" in the hotel lobby has a basic "pub" type menu. We experienced dinner and breakfast there--giving the wait staff 2 chances to impress....they did NOT. Slow, forgetful, distracted and messy. The food was of good quality.
OVERALL, a very well-decorated hotel, remains well-manicured, hotel staff A+, restaurant B-.

Room Tip: If travelling with a lot of equipment, luggage, gear or kids/toys, choose the whirlpool king suite...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 23 April 2012

I was coming to town for the birth of my grandson. This hotel was conveniently located to I65 S and the hospital. They showed completely booked. I called about 9:30 a.m. and let them know I was a hilton honors card user. They promised to call if they got a cancellation. They called in a couple of hours and I was able to stay there. Arrived around 9:30 p.m. and was able to eat dinner which was fabulous and to bed. The room smelled fresh, was clean and the bed so soft. The nexxt morning I had a great breakfast and back to the hospital.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank PattyFortWayne
Reviewed 16 March 2012

I am admittedly someone who is difficult to please however I will also be the first to praise a place when I have good stay.

I was recently at this location on business and initially was placed in a room near the elevator despite a prior request for one farther away. I was a little unhappy to find nothing was available however the front desk clerk did some searching and was able to find something for me during the time I went to my car to grab my bags. I sincerely appreciated his efforts.

Overall the hotel appears to be newer with modern decor and furniture and an air conditioning system that works very well. The room was very clean and the mattress firm. The water coming out of the shower seemed rather weak but nothing that I could not deal with. I took advantage of the gym and found the machines functioning well and consisting of two treadmills, a stair climber, a bike and a pulley machine. I also used the mini office and found the equipment working properly.

Breakfast does need some work. The food was heavily salted and my despite two requests, the waiter continued to forget to bring coffee and then forgot cream. i finally ended up getting up and getting the items myself. I am sure this is something that can be corrected.

In general I would recommend this location and plan on staying here in the future.

Room Tip: Further away from the elevator is always a best bet.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank ERRANTTRAVELERE
Reviewed 9 March 2012

I was only at this hotel for a one night business stay. The staff was friendly and professional. The facility was very clean. We did have a business meeting on site. The meeting space was adequate, and lunch was good. Overall, it was a very pleasant experience.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Family-o-Six
Reviewed 8 March 2012

I have been to Indianapolis many times on business, stayed in numerous different hotels, this one by far is the best, the cleanest, most amenities, convient right off the highway, not too far from the airport yet far enough feels much more comfortable, conveniently located across from a mall, grocery store, couple of restaurants yet property is on it's own so no noise or lights from those. Staff are very nice there. Be prepared there is no free breakfast, restaurant in the hotel has good food but pricey. Have a fully equipped small gym, a pool, and rooms are very spacious. If you have a suite that has a whirlpool be prepared they are not well cleaned, I filled up the tub and when I turned the jets on a whole bunch of black stuff came out, so my advice is don't bother spending the extra money on the suite with the whirlpool yuck! but all i all a very great place to stay.

Room Tip: If you have a suite that has a whirlpool be prepared they are not well cleaned, I filled up the tub...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business