“Worth the Wait”

Sullivan's Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Sullivan's Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #38 of 2,448 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Price range: US$ 31 - US$ 80
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: North Keystone Avenue
Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

We couldn’t get in for Valentine’s Day and so we went tonight. Sullivan’s lives up to its reputation. Yummy French onion soup and Lobster Bisque. Filet with asparagus, crabmeat and bernaise sauce was scrumptious. Tender and flavorful and cooked to perfection! Bread and sparkling wine and ending with divine creme brûlée.
Make reservations early esp if the time matters to you. The service was top quality. Our waiter George was tops, warm and caring. While not moderately priced, I thought it was reasonable for the quality of the food and will definitely return!! Looking for top of the line restaurant in Keystone area, this is a winner!!

Reviewed 6 February 2018

I visited this restaurant with business colleagues and then customers. We got into to town late, and this restaurant was still serving. It was around 22:00hrs.

The meal we had was great. Excellent steaks. However, the price was high-end. The service also was very attentive.

We enjoyed the meal so much we returned with customers the following day. Strangely lunch was much cheaper, but it was equally as good as the night before.

I recommend the Ribeye and the Burger from the lunchtime menu.

Reviewed 30 January 2018

We chose Sullivan's because we have been long time customers. Our party of 6 had reservations & were seated pretty quickly after arriving at 5PM on a Saturday evening.
Our server was very helpful although at times when we needed him, we couldn't find him.
The first problem came up when 2 of our diners ordered the same drink & we found out that they only had enough Macallan 12 for ONE drink....really? You have a full bar! And, early on a Saturday evening - not a great way to start. The shrimp lobster bisque was really tasty but had to be sent back initially because it was only 'warm'. The 2 special priced dinner packages were a good deal, one for $38 & the other for $44. Both included appetizer, entree & dessert. The salmon was delicious as were the filets ordered by almost everyone at the table. The last thing that went wrong & was not handled well at all was that one of our diners who ordered one of the specials, the filet, that was served with horseradish mashed potatoes & green beans, was served to her with a very wide rubber band in the green beans! NO JOKE! We called our server over to show him - apologized, one of the assistant managers came over later - apologized - nice BUT no offer to discount or buy her dinner, no offer of a glass of wine on the house - NOTHING! To me this ruined our entire evening. Who knows what else was in the food that no one saw. There is no excuse for this & this lady should have received her meal FREE. We were all very disappointed in the way Sullivan's handled this & am not sure we will return.

Reviewed 30 January 2018

We had occasion to eat at Sullivan's both nights we were in Indy on this last trip. The first night we just had appetizers. I had the fried shrimp and my partner had the macaroni and cheese from the side dish listings. Both were outstanding. The next night I had the filet, with bearnaise sauce, a baked potato, and french onion soup to start. All items were outstanding.

Both night we grabbed a table in the bar, which is intimate, and very comfortable. The service we great, and the wine list is substantial, with many choices by the glass.

I highly recommend Sullivan's to anyone. It's not just 'Indy' great, is just plain great anywhere. We will be back.

Reviewed 27 January 2018 via mobile

I remembered after dinner why it had been about 7 years since we had dinner at Sullivan’s. You get the sense they just want to turn the table and get you in and out. We sat down and were immediately asked if we wanted a drink, but had no drink menus/wine list. When we got that menu I was asked about apps - I guess I didnt have time for a cocktail. The drink menu is overpriced (some drinks about $5 above other places). The food menu is good and well-priced, but the food is average. I had a medium rare filet that was cooked right, but the outside felt like it had been under a heat lamp too long. I had intended to order a sauce on top of it but forgot to. The waitress never suggested it either as she seemed rushed to get out order. The Brussels sprouts were pretty salty (maybe I was too by this point) and mashed potatoes grainy, like they added too much liquid. With so many other great steakhouse options in town, I think I’m done with Sullivan’s.