This is by far the best place I've stayed at in the US.
It's too bad Drury (did not hear about it till I needed to book a place to stay in Indiana) is not established yet in the Northeast and Northwest (I think they're in 20 something states?).
So the freebies:
1) I called a day ahead regarding an early check-in and luckily (since I called ahead) they were able to prepare a room for us at 9:30AM (normal check-in time is 3PM).
When I checked out and reviewed the bill, I saw they did not charge me for the early check-in! Most places I know would charge you a percentage or half the charge of the daily rate for an early check-in or late check-out.
2) Free breakfast. This includes: scrambled eggs where you can sprinkle cheese & cut up ham on them, toast, bagels (along with butter, jelly, & cream cheese), mini donuts, muffins, waffle maker to make fresh waffles, fruit, boiled egg, yogurt, sausage, biscuits & gravy to go with them, juice, coffee, and I might actually be forgetting something but it's a lot of good food to choose from.
3) Free popcorn & drinks (soda) from an old fashioned popper in the dining area available in the afternoons to early evenings (I can't remember the exact times).
4) Free "Kickback" 5:30-7PM which includes snacks like chips, pretzels, chicken fingers, hot dogs, etc.
5) Free Alcohol. We were given a card when we arrived allowing us to receive 3 alcoholic drinks per day per person. This can be picked up during the "Kickback" time. The had wine, cocktails, and beer.
6) Free Long Distance calls. Although there was no need to use this, I was still amazed.
7) Free Wireless Internet.
8) Check-out. The normal check-out time is 11AM, but on the bill it says if you need an extra hour to prepare to leave, just let them know and they won't charge for it.
The customer service was very helpful, especially regarding our early check-in. Maurietta (not sure if I spelled it right, if it's wrong I'm sorry) was especially friendly and helpful regarding this.
The room was clean. I wasn't used to the smell (from NJ, so Indiana could of course in general could smell different to me) but it was neither a good or bad smell.
The bed and pillows were comfy. We were exhausted both days and had no problem falling asleep.
We did not try out the pool but it looks like (from what I saw) that the pool is half inside and half outside. We did not try the room service either so I can't comment about that.
This place is around 45 minutes from Indiana International Airport. We rented a car and drove here no problem.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Near Castleton Business Park, Drury Inn & Suites Indianapolis Northeast is located off I-69 with easy access to I-465 and I-70. Enjoy a free hot breakfast and free hot food and cold beverages at our evening 5:30 Kickback(R), then relax in our clean, comfortable rooms. This suburban area is 30 minutes outside downtown Indianapolis. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Drury Inn & Suites Indianapolis Northeast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Drury Inn & Suites Indianapolis Northeast Hotel Indianapolis
- Drury Inn And Suites Indianapolis Northeast
- Drury Inn Indianapolis