“Business Trip”

Hampton Inn & Suites Indianapolis-Airport
Ranked #14 of 185 Hotels in Indianapolis
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 13 June 2017

Hotel is kept clean and inviting. Staff does not recognize visitors as Diamond Members unless you force the issue. Getting the Gold/Diamond Member snacks from the front desk is yet another challenge. I asked several times for a drink and finally got a bottle of water.

Breakfast is a joke. One day all you could have were muffins and bagels (There may have been bananas but since I don't eat them I did not notice.) The following day I walked in around 0930 and the cleaning staff started taking food away as it was getting close to "shut down" time.

After this I checked out of the hotel and moved to the Garden Inn next door. The front desk asked about my stay and I told them about my issues, but it was an attitude of "too bad so sad." I did write the Manager complaining about the treatment I received, but never even got any response. It's ok. I'll not be back.

If you just need a place that is clean and quiet to sleep you should be fine. Anything after that is a toss up.

Room Tip: Stay top floor away from the airport.
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Albert E
LJ C, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Indianapolis-Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2017

WOW was I shocked to see this review! After speaking to the staff and following up with the department heads I have not been able to locate a letter from you. However I would love to hear from you, my goal is to have all our guests enjoy their stay.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 8 June 2017

I gave this hotel say four stars simply because of service. The shuttle driver was friendly and the pick up was relatively fast. The front desk clerk, Brian, was extremely friendly and made me feel welcomed. The hotel looked pretty new and the room was typical Hampton Inn. My only comment was that the water pressure of the shower could be better. I also want to warn passengers with no cars that there is really no eateries or restaurants within walking distance, except the Great American Grill across at the Hilton Garden Inn. Just because of the lack of food, I may just stay at the Hilton Garden Inn next time. However if you have a car, this Hampton Inn is a good choice.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Adrian L
Shannon F, Sales Coordinator at Hampton Inn & Suites Indianapolis-Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2017

Dear Adrian L,

We truly appreciate your choosing to stay with us and for providing a review of your experience here. I am so happy that you found our staff to be friendly and welcoming and we thank you for recognizing them for that. It is true that there are not many food options close by as we are in an area of newer development. Guests who do not have transportation are often offered a ride to the Great American Grill that you had mentioned as well as Burger Theory which is in the Holiday Inn across the street. We can also provide a list and menus for delivery options including Pizza, Chinese and BBQ. We do apologize that you found our water pressure in the shower to be too low. We take all comments as recommendations to improve upon our service, always looking for ways to add value and comfort for our guests.

Again, thank you so much for choosing to stay with us. We would love to see you here again!

Reviewed 4 June 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for this years Indy 500. The staff was very nice and welcoming. And then the morning of the race they had all kinds of snacks and water for us to pack to take to the race!!! It was a great gesture that went a very long way. The hotel is new and was very clean. As a diamond member, it is a perfect example of a Hampton Inn. You couldn't ask for more from the hotel or the staff.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank haleybale
Shannon F, Sales Coordinator at Hampton Inn & Suites Indianapolis-Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2017

Dear haleybale,

We were delighted to have you as our guest for this year's Indy 500! I thank you for sharing your Hampton experience here for all of our future guests to know what it means to have Hamptonality! We love seeing the same guests here for the race year after year and it's our pleasure to provide those little extras as our way of saying "thanks" for choosing us! We hope to see you here next year!

Reviewed 30 May 2017

In most of my travels, I have been able to find in nice hotels with good amenities and friendly staff. This is more than a nice hotel due to the delightful, friendly, helpful staff. I will stay here every time I am in the Indy area. Thanks for a great weekend!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
1  Thank Judy H
Shannon F, Sales Coordinator at Hampton Inn & Suites Indianapolis-Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2017

Dear Judy H,

How wonderful to share this review of your experience as our guest! Our staff strives to deliver friendly, helpful service to everyone, every stay. We appreciate your recognition of their efforts and look forward to seeing you here again!

Reviewed 29 May 2017

We enjoyed our stay here even though it was only for one night. We thought it was a little tricky to find because it is in a sort of secluded area. Proximity to the airport is what brought us here anyway. Clean, quiet, friendly place.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
1  Thank jennyw1999
Shannon F, Sales Coordinator at Hampton Inn & Suites Indianapolis-Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2017

Dear jennyw1999,

We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and appreciate you taking the time to provide a review of your experience! We do understand that guests may find it difficult to navigate their way to our location, especially at night. Guests are welcome to give us a call for directions if needed. Hopefully with more development in our area, we will soon have more lights and larger signs to help in directing our guests to us! Again, thank you so much for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to providing you with clean, quiet and friendly accommodations on your next trip!