All reviews canterbury hotel spoke steele front desk boutique feel boutique hotel small hotel restaurant downstairs lucas oil stadium favorite hotel perfect location walk in shower circle center mall historic building large bathroom street noise directly across the street would definitely stay here again
Reviewed 25 November 2017 via mobile

Very poor housekeeping. Water mark, stain in the basin and floor were never cleaned. The wrapper and empty bottles were left in original spot, no replenish of body lotion and body shampoo for 2 nights consecutively. No rug in the shower, no hot water kettle. The room next to the main road is very noisy. The concierge was standing outside the door but never once offer to open the door. Maybe not within his job scope. Anyway, not recommended.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 November 2017

I had a wonderful stay at this hotel. My daughter and I went to a Colts game and wanted to stay near the stadium. It was perfect! Next to St Elmo's steak house and in walking distance to the mall. I would recommend staying at this cozy hotel.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Chris R, General Manager at Le Meridien Indianapolis, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2017

Dear mxr52,

We're so glad you took advantage of the surrounding attractions while you were at Le Meridien. It sounds like you and your daughter had a great time and look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 8 November 2017

Very clean and nice place to stay, could not tell you much about cost due to the fact it was a paid business trip. Has a nice little bar downstairs. Nice choice of breakfast. would recommend to stay here if in the area.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business

Hello James O,

We appreciate your review and hope to have the opportunity to host you again.

Reviewed 4 November 2017 via mobile

Beautiful old hotel with modern fixtures. Great bar & restaurant downstairs. Valet parking, which is great. Beautiful glass enclosed shower. Room is kind of of small, but functional. Close to Bankers Life & Lucas Stadium.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank terre203

Dear Terre203,

Thank you for the review. We're so glad you had a pleasant experience and had time to enjoy Spoke & Steele. We hope to have you as our guest in the near future!

Reviewed 3 November 2017

This is simple. If you are looking for a pet-friendly location, this is it. If you prefer not to share rooms with pets, go elsewhere. Great hotel rebranded and refreshed. I found valet efficient and receptive to needs. Check-in flawless. Maybe not as I still do not know where my loyalty points were credited--Marriott or spg--neither show a credit for the stay. Receptionist assured me my account was properly credited. Nothing to date--several weeks later.
Spoke & Steele--average drinks and food service--far too much competition in the neighborhood. Lacks the charm of the old Canterbury. Breakfast a little over priced but good.
I miss the doorman and the charm of the old hotel. Updated for the times but I won't return as my preference is for pet-free facilities. My rating is good + but I will not stay here in the future.

Room Tip: Get Suite 305! Windows and more windows!
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple