“Among the Best or the Worst”

Le Meridien Indianapolis
Ranked #10 of 186 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed 3 November 2017

This is simple. If you are looking for a pet-friendly location, this is it. If you prefer not to share rooms with pets, go elsewhere. Great hotel rebranded and refreshed. I found valet efficient and receptive to needs. Check-in flawless. Maybe not as I still do not know where my loyalty points were credited--Marriott or spg--neither show a credit for the stay. Receptionist assured me my account was properly credited. Nothing to date--several weeks later.
Spoke & Steele--average drinks and food service--far too much competition in the neighborhood. Lacks the charm of the old Canterbury. Breakfast a little over priced but good.
I miss the doorman and the charm of the old hotel. Updated for the times but I won't return as my preference is for pet-free facilities. My rating is good + but I will not stay here in the future.

Room Tip: Get Suite 305! Windows and more windows!

Reviewed 15 October 2017

Overall a well appointed hotel with small quiet rooms. My 'average' review speaks to the surly attitude of the bartender during our stay October 11 and 12. He commented negatively on our drink orders, even though one was 'a specialty of the house'. The bar was not at all busy but our attempts at eye contact directly across the bar to order were ignored, as was a specific request for water. He literally mumbled and walked away. I could hear him making fun of another guest while speaking to another employee. The drinks were delicious but the service was terrible. Had there been a more direct way to contact his supervisor I would have done so; however, this negative experience is left to be shared in my review.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 October 2017

Having stayed at other Le Meridien properties (New York, London), I was surprised to encounter this small, warm, boutique hotel (only 100 rooms) in downtown Indy. While an old property (been thru at least two other identities in its lifetime), it still offers the Le Meridien luxury touches. Room was small but comfortable and well-appointed. It was quiet (only ten rooms per floor), the staff was very friendly and accommodating, and the rates were reasonable. Given its location, there are really no views of note (this is downtown Indy, after all), but the location is central to many of Indy's downtown offerings. On-site restaurant good for drinks and breakfast. Recommended.

Room Tip: Hard to go wrong with only ten rooms per floor.
1  Thank paladinsf
Eric G, General Manager at Le Meridien Indianapolis, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2017

Hello paladinsf,

Thank you for telling us about your experience at Le Meridien and Spoke & Steele. We look forward to hosting you again!

Reviewed 10 October 2017

We came to Indianapolis this weekend to see a show at Baker's Life Fieldhouse. This hotel is the perfect location for a quick getaway, to see a game, or a show. The hotel is located right downtown, and is just a quick walk to local venues. There are many bars and restaurants in this area as well, including The Hard Rock Cafe. The hotel is beautifully decorated, very modern and updated. Everything was very clean. I like that the elevators are key activated so not just anyone can get up to the floors. We enjoyed a great breakfast in Spoke and Steele before heading home. I highly recommend this hotel!

1  Thank jballtraveler
Chris R, General Manager at Le Meridien Indianapolis, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2017

Hello jballtraveler,

Thank you for the great review. Our location is certainly convenient for walking to major events at Banker's Life and Lucas Oil Stadium. Thanks for stopping in at Spoke & Steele for breakfast!

Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

My wife and I recently stayed in this downtown hotel over Labor Day weekend. We live near Broad Ripple but wanted to do a staycation in the city for our anniversary. We couldn't be happier with our choice to stay at Le Meridien. We enjoyed everything about our stay. The room was spacious and quiet. We had lunch and breakfast at the hotel restaurant, Spoke and Steele. The food was amazing! I would recommend the hashbrown chiliquiles and Bloody Mary for brunch. We also had drinks at the bar on a couple of occasions. All of the bartenders we met were very nice and made excellent signature cocktails.

The hotel staff were all great and very accommodating. This hotel is located in the perfect location. There is shopping mall access directly through the hotel which was really convienent. We were able to walk to things we needed to go to like Lucas Oil stadium and many nearby restaurants and even the zoo (30 min walk), and we used the bike share to get around to Fountain Square and Mass Ave.

We had an excellent anniversary weekend and this hotel was a big reason why!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jstratma

Hello jstratma,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your Anniversary. I'm glad you were able to try the Hashbrown Chiliquiles in Spoke & Steele, definitely a great choice with the bloody mary!

I'll be sure to share your kind words with the hotel staff. We look forward to hosting you again next year!