“Location Can't Be Beat”

Hampton Inn Indianapolis Downtown Across from Circle Centre
Ranked #19 of 185 Hotels in Indianapolis
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 17 August 2017

My daughter and I recently stayed here after attending a concert at Bankers Life Fieldhouse. This location was perfect! We were about a block away from the entrance to the venue and there are several restaurants within walking distance. I have the Hilton Honors app and used it to select my room the day before we arrived. I requested room 921 and was happy when that room is where we were. I was a little irritated when we arrived, though. I had seen on the app that my room was ready before we arrived. I went to check in, and the young lady told me my room was not ready yet. I told her I saw on the app that it was and she called and sure enough, it was ready. I will admit, I was a little early - check-in was 3pm and this was around 2 - so maybe that was the issue. But it was resolved quickly.
The room was clean and comfortable. The décor is quite dated, but I wasn't expecting anything fancy. The bed was very comfortable! I wish I could have slept in to enjoy it. There was a noise machine on the bed with a little flyer from the hotel about wanting their guests to have a pleasant stay but that the city can get noisy, so they provided the noise machine. What a lovely touch! I didn't need it because I prefer the sound of the AC, but I appreciate the effort behind it! The bathroom left something to be desired, though. There was a tile right in front of the sink that was loose and cracked. The towel holder was crooked (big pet peeve), and the bathroom was just dated. The rest of the room was fine.
The elevators can be quite slow. I'm guessing one of them was for employees only because we never saw it operating. After the concert, there was a huge crowd waiting for the elevators, so it would have been nice if they'd allowed us to use that one just for the night.
We will definitely stay here again if we come to downtown Indianapolis.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
HamptonDT, Front Office Supervisor at Hampton Inn Indianapolis Downtown Across from Circle Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Hello jaimieb822, thank you for feedback on your recent stay with us. I do apologize for the inconvenience upon check-in, but i'm so glad to hear it was resolved quickly. I will be passing this along to our maintenance department so they are able to address these issues right away. We hope to see you again on future visits to Indianapolis.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Indianapolis Downtown Across from Circle Centre

Reviewed 16 August 2017

Went to see Bruno Mars and eat at St Elmo's for our 20th anniversary location could not have been any better staff was amazing. My only complaint is that the carpets were extremely dirty a good carpet cleaning would go a long way.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Hello roxanneg331, thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us. We're so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! I'll make sure to pass this recommendation on to our management team also. We look forward to seeing you again on future visits to Indianapolis.

Reviewed 16 August 2017

Nice, clean hotel. A bunch of places to eat close by.
Breakfast was subpar. Hyped up continental breakfast.
Quite a bit of outdoor noise. A lot of loud motorcycles. It wasn't too bad though.
I would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Hello Thepriest42, thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us. I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. I would like to apologize for the outside noise that might have bothered you during your stay. We look forward to seeing you again on future visits to Indianapolis!

Reviewed 15 August 2017

I would not recommend this hotel until they have made some updates. The floor to my room was so filthy and sticky from grime that has built up that I had to wear shoes for my entire stay. The service is good but the cleanliness was a huge issue for me. It needs some work! I will not suggest this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Hello 279ashleenb, thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us. We appreciate all guest feedback for it gives us the opportunity to improve our overall guest satisfaction. I would like to apologize for the inconvenience you encountered during your stay with us. I'll make sure to pass this along to our management team so this issue is able to be addressed right away. Please feel free to reach out to us with any other questions you might have at 317-261-1200.

Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

There have been other reviews which mention that the Inn needs updating, and I will admit that it is showing its age. However, if you are looking for a spotlessly clean hotel ( lobby, dining room and guest room) that is the heart of downtown then look no further than here. The staff were all incredibly helpful and friendly from the manager to the housekeeper. Each one gave the impression that they wanted your stay there to be a pleasure. There is an abundance of dining choices and bars nearby. You are only one block from the mall and five blocks from Lucas Oil Stadium.

Yes, I would return here when my travels bring me back to Indianapolis.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Hello Papadoc529, thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us. I'm so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you again on future visits to Indianapolis.