1,811 results
All reviews evening reception made to order breakfast under renovation morning breakfast hot tub breakfast staff complimentary breakfast front desk staff business trip atrium costco indiana conference
Reviewed 29 September 2017

My husband and I visited Embassy Suites for an quick overnight stay. Check in was quick and efficient, the front desk attendant was very welcoming. The hotel was all that Embassy Suites are known for. We will return.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Courtney C, Front Desk Supervisor at Embassy Suites by Hilton Indianapolis - North, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2017

Thank you so much for your recent stay and 5 star review of your experience at the Embassy Suites by Hilton Indianapolis North! We really appreciate guest feedback and you seemed to mention all the aspects that we focus on for a great stay.
It's all due to a great staff that we are able to provide such well-maintained guest rooms and common areas along with excellent guest service. We strive to have every guest leave as satisfied as you did.
Once again, thanks for the great review and staying with us! We hope you stop through for a visit again your next time through Indianapolis!

Reviewed 26 September 2017

This was hands down the worst experience I've ever had at an Embassy Suites. My family and I had spent a long hot day at a college football game this past Saturday, and were looking forward to getting cleaned up and relaxing at this hotel on our way home. Driving up, we were all excited, because the property looked like a resort we might see in Florida, as opposed to the northside of Indianapolis. It was just after midnight when we checked in. I had already checked in online and gotten a digital key, so we just stopped at the desk to request a late check-out and get our complimentary water bottles. The woman at the front desk was responsive, if not friendly.

I had not realized, when i initially made the reservation, that this hotel still allowed smoking. When I went to select my room, there were smoking rooms available on the 3rd floor, so I chose a room as far away from the 3rd floor as possible - on the 8th floor. The stench of smoke on the elevator was a reminder that yes, smoking is still allowed in this building.

Upon first stepping into our hotel room, we knew right away that the air had not been on in some time and we'd have to crank it up. Surprisingly, the A/C was already "ON," and the thermostat read 60F, but it felt more like 80 (the temp had reached 96 that day.) I called the front desk, and the less than friendly night shift woman told me she didn't think there was anyone around who could look at the unit, but she would check. I asked if we could just be moved to another room, and she said they were sold out and had no available rooms. This was at about 12:15AM.

We resigned ourselves to the fact that we were stuck, as we were all exhausted and didn't feel like changing hotels this late at night. My teenage kids showered and we all got ready for bed. We put the "do not disturb" sign on the door so as not to be bothered. The phone rang at 1:15, and it was the woman from the front desk. She said no one was around to look at the air, but a room was now available - did we want to move or should she just credit my Hilton Honors account by 5000 points? We were all already in bed, so I said just credit the account.

OK, a little more about the hotel. This one has a giant atrium and 8 floors of rooms that surround the atrium. The suites all open to the atrium, and the sitting room has a window on either side of the door that is frosted and has a sheer curtain, but nothing to block out the light that comes in in the morning. There is a tiny refrigerator and a small microwave that both looked as if they were going to fall out of the kitchenette, which was really more like a small wet bar with those 2 appliances shoved in. The refrigerator did not work. Wi-Fi on the 8th floor was non-existent.

I was up very early because of the previously mentioned light in the sitting room, and because the room was so hot, so I decided to work out. The hallway was much cooler than our room - I almost wished we'd slept out there! Of the 4 elevators, only 3 were working, so it was faster to take the stairs down the 8 flights than to wait for the elevator. The fitness center was nice and large. There was no water in the water dispenser, and there was trash near the treadmills and ellipticals. At one point while I was working out, someone came in to replenish the towels, but she did not check the water, as it was still empty when i checked after working out - nor did she pick up any of the trash. I went to the front desk to let them know the dispenser was out of water, and the guy gave me a bottle, but he didn't say anything about taking care of the dispenser.

Back up to the room. By now it was 9AM and the room was a sauna. If my husband weren't still sleeping on the fold-out couch, i would've left the front door open to let the hallway air in. I had written a review on the Hilton app on my phone prior to going to the fitness center, and was surprised that i had already received a response that said we have contacted the building management, and they will contact you as soon as they get in. It is now Tuesday, and I still haven't heard from Embassy Suites management.

On the bright side, breakfast was the typical bountiful Embassy Suites fare. We were given wristbands and told to wear them for breakfast by the less than friendly night shift woman and by signs posted around the property, but only saw a few people actually wearing them at breakfast.

OK, so other than the A/C issue, I admit - none of these problems were catastrophic. But when you pay for and expect a level of quality and don't get it, and when you are promised a response and don't get that either, all the little issues become one big one. And, by the way, I still haven't gotten those 5.000 points.

Room Tip: Not sure what floors other than 3rd have smoking rooms. Elevators are exceedingly slow if they're working at all.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Courtney C, Front Desk Supervisor at Embassy Suites by Hilton Indianapolis - North, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write this review of your recent experience at our hotel. I apologize that you did not receive the service that you are accustomed to, and truly deserve. I can assure you that your experiences will not be those of our future guests. I sincerely hope that you will give our hotel another chance to provide you an outstanding experience the next time you are in town.

Reviewed 24 September 2017

Rude staff, filthy rooms.. worst hotel ever. The girl at the front desk would even look up from her phone. The pool was so dirty the water was literally cloudy. The fridge and microwave had old food all over it

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

We appreciate you taking the time to let us know of your experience at the hotel. I am very sorry that you did not find the team members to be hospitable. As a hotel we strive to have the best customer service and clearly we let ourselves down as well as you. I can assure you that we will share your comments with our senior management team to be sure that we re-evaluate operation. Again, thank you for sharing your feedback and allowing us the opportunity to improve.

Reviewed 23 September 2017

This hotel is located in an area that has loads of restaurants and shopping. It is convenient to St. Vincent's Hospital. It is a large hotel with eight floors. It has recently been renovated. We have a double queen suite on the top floor, hoping it would be quiet. We were there on a weekend, and it was crowded. I've seen people comment poorly on elevator service, but we had no trouble with the elevators here. They were very fast with little wait. I loved the lobby decor, and even took photos of the floor to use at home. The rooms were beautiful. They were very clean. The beds were comfortable. The view from the room was nice. The pool area though, was very crowded, so we chose not to go there. We also did not eat breakfast there. The walls are not particularly thick, and there was a large family with several children screaming and running around, which took away from the five star rating. The bathroom is small also, but sufficient and very clean.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Courtney C, Front Desk Supervisor at Embassy Suites by Hilton Indianapolis - North, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2017

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience at the hotel. It is always nice to hear that our guests enjoyed their time with us. The team and I take great pride in our service and I will be sure to share your review with them. Again, the team and I value all the feedback we receive from our guests and thank you for helping us in our efforts to continue to provide outstanding service.

Reviewed 22 September 2017

This is your standard Embassy Suites. A solid hotel--rooms have been updated. Hotel is pretty quiet--I have now stayed 3 times on 3 different sides of the hotel and no real street noise. The hotel is set back from a main road and highway which probably helps. You get your free cooked to order breakfast and buffet here. Abundant parking. Its about 30 minutes from the airport. There are a lot of restaurants around the area --different cuisines from Sushi, Chinese to Sandwiches. If you are looking for a solid hotel this hotel is fine.

Room Tip: Off set from main road so any side is fine
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business