“Great experience for locals and visitors!”

Indiana Historical Society
Ranked #28 of 167 things to do in Indianapolis
More attraction details
Owner description: Since 1830, the Indiana Historical Society has been Indiana’s Storyteller™, connecting people to the past by collecting, preserving, interpreting and sharing the state's history. A private, nonprofit membership organization, IHS maintains the nation's premier research library and archives on the history of Indiana and the Old Northwest and presents a unique set of visitor exhibitions called the Indiana Experience. IHS also provides support and assistance to local museums and historical groups, publishes books and periodicals; sponsors teacher workshops; and provides youth, adult and family programming.
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Great experience for locals and visitors!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2010

My work group held a meeting in one of the rooms on the canal level of the Indiana Historical Society. What a beautiful building! It was a convenient location for us to meet, and we all took advantage of the opportunity to take our breaks outside along the canal.

After the meeting, we had the opportunity to tour the Indiana Experience. I was very impressed with the good folks I met in the "You Are There" exhibits. We were not rushed through the exhibits, and you can make your visit as long or short as you choose. The staff is very knowledgeable and attentive to guests. I recommend spending time in the gift shop as well!

This is a great experience for anyone who is curious about Indiana History.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

LeRoy, Illinois
“Very Cool Place!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2010

My wife and I (along with a 15 month old) stumbled upon this place today trying to kill a couple of hours, and I am glad we did. The Indiana Historical Society had some great exhibits (especially the three "You Are there" exhibits and offered a unique perspective on Indiana history. VERY interactive and a lot of fun. I would reccomend this to anyone.