“Wonderful Experience ”

Children's Museum of Indianapolis
Ranked #3 of 179 things to do in Indianapolis
More attraction details
Owner description: The largest children's museum in the world urges children to dig in and touch everything as they explore the physical and natural sciences, history, world cultures and the arts through exciting interactive exhibits on five floors. There's also a theater with children's plays and live entertainment.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

All exhibits were AMAZING! We enjoyed the sports, dinosaur, and science exhibits the most! Love the free parking. Easy to get to - cannot miss the huge dinosaur. Nice foot court. Would definitely allow about 6 hours to go through.

All reviews
"china exhibit"
in 62 reviews
"water clock"
in 59 reviews
"the terra cotta warriors"
in 41 reviews
in 49 reviews
"whole family"
in 85 reviews

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I've taken my children there and now I've taken my grandchildren there. I never get tired of the place. They are always changing and updating exhibits keep you interested. There is so much to see and to participate in. You will never see it all in one day. It is entirely possible to spend hours in just one area. You can dig up ancient bones or look at the stars and be mesmerized. It is very interactive. If you don't walk away with a smile on you face... you must be Mr. Scrooge.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Neither my husband nor I had ever been to a children's museum before. I am into "pop culture" (I did an academic paper on the "Easy-Bake Oven" a few years ago) so we were interested in seeing what the museum had to offer. The museum is very easy to get to. We took a city bus from downtown to the museum. We thoroughly enjoyed seeing the dinosaur "poking its head" into the museum as we approached it. Lots and lots of children and their families were there the day that we went to the museum since it was the day before Good Friday. We especially enjoyed the exhibits on pop culture, Anne Frank, Ruby Bridges, Ryan White, and, of course, the dinosaurs. We even tried our hand (should I say "feet"?) at dancing the hustle at the dance exhibit. We took our time so that we could really see and do everything. We spent over 3 hours at the museum. It was a great way to spend a rainy Thursday afternoon in Indianapolis.

1  Thank Doc R
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

It was really easy to find, lots of signs pointing the way. They have an attached parking garage. You walk thru a skywalk to the Museum. The museum is 4 floors of things to see and do. Every floor is packed with interactive displays and exhibits. The cafeteria is moderately priced and the food was good. We had a great time and I’m not even sure was saw everything. We spent a full day here and it flew by. There is plenty to do for children of all ages. We will definitely go again. Worth every penny....

See more reviews
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

For one adult and one child was $56 for a day that was 7 hours long. And you have to pay for the carousel. It was an interesting museum, my 7 year old enjoyed it, but $112 for 2 days seemed really steep for a museum. The sports area is a fun "playground" but the lines were long and my daughter has a leg disability and couldn't do 95% of the activities anyhow. The museum part she thought extremely boring for the sports as well.