“Authentic, Friendly and Satisfying”

Filicudi Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 49 Restaurants in Five Dock
Price range: US$ 22 - US$ 88
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 4 December 2016 via mobile

My wife and I have been visiting Filicudi for years and have never been disappointed. I sum up a trip to Filicudi in three words; authentic, friendly and satisfying.

Authentic is the only way to describe the food at Filicudi! Cooked by a passionate Italian grandmother in a way that brings out the richest of flavours from the freshest ingredients. The Boscaiola pasta sauce and the Lasagne are two of our favourites.

The atmosphere at Filicudi is friendly. You are greeted at the door and thanked for your custom. The waiters (time permitting) will really try to engage and have a good chat! Any questions are greeted with a smile.

The wine selection is lovely, the prices are reasonable and the ambience is wonderful. We can't fault Filicudi and will continue to return over and over!

Reviewed 13 November 2016

I have been to this restaurant a few time and I am never disappointed. The food is always good and so is the service. After our meal we each got a complimentary Lemoncello. Always a nice way to end a great evening.

Reviewed 4 November 2016 via mobile

I'm visiting friends in Sydney and they took me to Filicudi Italian Restaurant. I'm absolutely in love!!!

This has to be the best Italian Restaurant I've visited within Australia.

Their portion sizes are generous and the food is full of flavour.

I was told by my friends that the chef's are traditional Italian Mama's. It all made sense after that. Little Italy right here in Aus.

I can't recommend this Restaurant highly enough. It's a beautifully intimate setting and the decor is very cozy. Customer service is impeccable too!!

You have to visit Filicudi Restaurant. You'll be back time and time again!!!

I think we're coming back tomorrow night. See you then!

Reviewed 1 November 2016

Went there last week. As always the food was good but the service , since the new wait staff started , was very average . The wait staff are friendly and do try but it is hassle to get anyone to deliver drinks to the table - last two visits we have had to ask three times before getting water ! We have been coming here for 15 + years and the previous team of wait staff were excellent AND organised AND professional . Addressing a table of people as guys and telling people to " dig in" when the food is served is unprofessional. We are not sure we will go again - the whole point of going out is to enjoy the evening and having to hassle to get drinks and then food is very disappointing.

1  Thank Judith H
Reviewed 24 October 2016

I visited the restaurant for the first time today. All food we had was very nice. One of the best calamari (fried squid) I ever had since I leave in Australia. Delicious home made gnocchi with deer ragu' (slow cooked pasta sauce with deer meat). Very nice and tender fillet. Very good espresso and last but not least the authentic Mirto. Thank you for the great and warm hospitality. A special thank you to Maria, Mario, Raffaele and all the team at Filicuti for the great night and to made me feel at home. A si biri cun saludi!