“A feast of a meal”
Review of The Stuffed Pepper

The Stuffed Pepper
Ranked #17 of 118 Restaurants in Hammond
Reviewed 28 July 2017

My grandkids and DIL treated me to a birthday lunch. After checking it out online, my DIL ordered a sampler meal (set price per person). O.M.G. Dee-licious!
I must apologize that I am totally unfamiliar with the Greek menu and language. Simple starter of pita wedges served with a potato (and yogurt?) spread, followed by a salad of romaine, red onion, and tomatoes with a Greek oil/vinegar dressing.
We chose 3 entrees - chicken kabobs, gyros, and eggplant lasagna (moussaka).
Final course was Greek pastries - heavenly baklava, and there were also two others (just as good, but cannot remember their names).
Their is an assortment of wines available, as well as packaged Greek honey. They also sell the day's specially-made pastries in to-go cartons.
All items are available for eat-in dining, delivery, pickup, and also catering.

Reviewed 8 June 2017

Picked the Stuffed pepper by chance and glad we did. Really nice Greek Menu, real Dolmades (heated and with meat stuffing), and what my wife says were the best pita she has ever had. Some items are a little pricey but it's easy to stay within budget.

Reviewed 29 May 2017 via mobile

I was super excited about having a new Greek restaurant in the area but the food is just OK and the wait time is horrible. The Lemon rice soup is super salty and there are better choices for lemon rice soup in the area that taste better and cost less. I felt the restaurant was overpriced for the quality of the food.

Reviewed 11 March 2017 via mobile

It's Friday night take out and we wanted to try something new. Ok google restaurants near me. To my surprise stuffed pepper was one of the first places that popped up. Hmmm. Looks good why not. The minute I walked in the door, omg, the food smelled so good. The woman that took my order was really friendly and helpful with ordering. The food was great. I had the stuffed pepper meal that had Greek potatoes and the side salad. My wife had a Greek salad. The food was great a must try.

Reviewed 20 January 2017

The name does not give a good indication of the menu here. That said, its a great little place. Its standard faire for a Greek family owned type of diner. But there are some touches that I would say make it a romantic spot.

For couples who are starting out or retirees, this is a date night. They have some dishes that would work well for a romantic dinner. They have some good wines and the staff is exceedingly friendly. This could even become your quiet little special spot that brings back memories of when you two first started out. Its low end on price with good food.

Definitely a place to try!

Been to The Stuffed Pepper? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK