“Not A Happy Camper”

Hampton Inn and Suites - Greensburg
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Greensburg
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 9 April 2017

I arrived at the hotel late after an incredibly long day and needed to be back on the road early the following morning. I fell asleep quickly and awoke just after midnight, a mere 40 minutes later, to what sounded like a raging storm in my room. I looked out my window and found that conditions were clear, no signs of weather were in sight. I called the front desk and asked if it was thundering and the rep confirmed that it was not storming. I told him that there must be someone above me making an incredible amount of noise. He responded that he had recently checked someone into the room above me and would call them to ask them to quiet down. THREE HOURS of nonstop noise followed.
I realize that the staff cannot prevent someone from making noise. I also realize that not everyone is on the same schedule as me. I plainly heard the folks above me running back and forth, yet I never heard a call (or better, a visit from the rep) to address the situation. I was so angry and sleepy the following morning that I simply tossed my key on the front desk as I walked on by to the car. I expected to get a survey, as I often do, but have not seen one.

Room Tip: Ask for the top floor (and please, don't run and jump on the floor).
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
Dominque B, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites - Greensburg, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2017

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time and completing a survey. I am so sorry to hear that you did not get a goodnight rest due to noise. I have addressed this with my staff about staying on top of noise complaints in the middle of the night. We are truly sorry about the inconvenience. We hope you give us another try next time you are in the area.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 9 April 2017

Breakfast was good. Amenities are excellent! I checked in very early and they were more than accommodating to get me in before the 3 p.m. check in time. the clonus of the room was excellent other than one issue that was very quickly handled the front desk staff was very amazing!!

Hello,

Thank you for doing a survey for us! We appreciate the great reviews. I will be sure to let my staff know. Hope to see you again!

Reviewed 9 April 2017

Good place to stay, the happy hour is a nice touch, I have stayed at other Hamptons and have inquired about happy hour and they said it was a local arrangement. Wish the other Hampton Inn did the same.

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time and completing a review for our hotel. We are glad you enjoyed your stay while with us. Our guests love the happy hour that's for sure!

Reviewed 4 April 2017

Staff was great very friendly, greAt place to stay , close to Honda which is why I stayed this time , I requested a refrigerator ,and they made sure the room they gave me had a refrigerator! I love staying here while on business!

1  Thank kathycB8365IC

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time and completing a review for our hotel. We are glad you enjoyed your stay while with us. Maybe next time it will be for leisure and not work.

Thank you!

Reviewed 3 April 2017 via mobile

We picked this spot as it was dog friendly and found a great room that was quiet in a bucolic setting. The hotel is a bit out of town, not near any interstate out your door, so it was quiet outside as well. The scenery was farmer fields and the grain elevator. Upon arrival, staff were helpful in telling us about Greensburg and it's history and suggested a walk around the courthouse square to walk the roadtrip out. Breakfast the next morning was good.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time and completing a review for our hotel. We are glad you enjoyed your stay while with us. We love being pet friendly and our guests love staying because of it. It is nice to be off the beaten path sometimes :)

Also consider these accommodations in or near Greensburg
1.3 km away
31.5 km away
Comfort Inn Shelbyville
Comfort Inn Shelbyville
#2 of 6 in Shelbyville

Been to Hampton Inn and Suites - Greensburg? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK