“My parents took my oldest two ages 9 and 7yrs old today.”

French Lick Scenic Railway
Ranked #4 of 15 things to do in French Lick
Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

My parents took my oldest two on the Robbery scenic train ride today. During the two hour train ride a fake robbery occurs. My dad said should of seen the look on the kids faces. The train ride doesnt have much to see on the ride but my kids were happy to have a long train ride. The train cart they were in isn't air conditioned but my dad said it wasnt bad at all.

1  Thank Andrea S
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 26 July 2017

Very nice staff. Relaxing. A good glimpse at what it was like to travel by train. Lots of kids, all seemed to have fun.

1  Thank 415jeffreyn
Reviewed 24 July 2017 via mobile

For the price of the tickets it was not worth it! Couldn't see any of the places the conductor was pointing out. All you could see was tree after tree. Would advise to spend money somewhere else.

Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

Other than the fact that parents don't take control of their kids this is a nice tour through the town out to a turn around. Not the best rail ride we've taken but still a pleasant afternoon.

Reviewed 20 July 2017

This trip is more of a thing for small children. It was supposed to be a 1 3/4 hour trip but was extended about 30 minutes because the engine broke down. It does have snack area on the train so you can buy water, soft drinks, and even alcohol as well as snacks. The announcer sounded like she was bored. I am a teacher so I guess I can be a little too critical but I would suggest they team up with the local schools and/or boy scouts and dig up some relevant history information as well as some possible visual aides along the train route if possible.