“My Fort Wayne Home”

Candlewood Suites Fort Wayne
Ranked #27 of 44 Hotels in Fort Wayne
Reviewed 16 February 2012

For the past 3 years our travel basketball team has stayed at this hotel for a national tournament. The hotel is normally filled to capacity with girls from 10 years old to 13 years old, as well as their siblings and parents. The hotel staff in general, do a great job of handling the volume of guest. The only problems we have encountered were the hotel running out of towels and issues with debit card charges at checkout. In the end the debit card issues get resolved, but it causes a lot of frustration at at the time. Also, when paying upfront with cash, they require a cash deposit, which makes it difficult for traveling on a budget.
The rooms are always very clean, they have a small pool area, but the kids love it. The gazebo/bbq area is great!! Location to Spiece Fieldhouse couldn't be better! It is a 5 minute walk. There are also a lot of places to shop and eat close. Nice workout and laundry facilities and a nice little store to purchase food and toiletries! Our organization loves to stay here so that we can cook our own dinners when we'd like too. Everyroom has a kitchen! Overall, it's a very nice place to stay!

Room Tip: If you are a non-smoker, try to avoid having to get a smoking room. It is definitely noticable. I...
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank rbeccal0511
Cher L, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Fort Wayne, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2012

rbeccal0511 - I wanted to thank you for your review! We really do work very hard at accommodating all the Basketball kids that come in over the weekends! We love hearing we are your choice for your Fort Wayne home!!
I wanted to touch on the debit card and cash payment problems you mentioned. I think they are something all hotels fight with! I know some hotels are not even taking cash any longer... One way to avoid the cash deposit is by giving a credit/debit card for incidentals only and paying cash up front for the night. The whole debit card debacle is something I deal with too, as I do not have credit cards! I am glad that you mentioned that it does take care of itself.
We look forward to your next visit to your Fort Wayne home!!
Thank you!!
Cherri Lockwood

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 15 October 2011

Very nice clean rooms. Indoor pool and BBQ pit to use outside a plus. Staff is great and very helpful.

• Stayed: September 2011
1  Thank Javier V
Reviewed 11 August 2011

I am a single, female, business traveler. I want a clean room; access to close-by eateries; and most of all, a good night's sleep. I am a Priority Club member so naturally I gravitate to these hotels. My first two requirements were met without a hitch. The room was clean and tidy and there were lots of places to eat nearby. Unfortunately, my room had a connecting door to the neighbor's. It's not that he was loud; I could just hear every word he said. In fact, I heard his entire "good-night" phone call to his wife or sweetheart and then was extremely glad she wasn't in there with him! When he couldn't stay asleep at 11:00 p.m. I listened while he watched TV. I happen to think you should be able to watch TV in your hotel room at 11:00 p.m. so again, this was not his fault. Every bit of noise traveled easily through the connecting door. Would I stay here again? Yes! In a heartbeat - but only if my room did not have a connector.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 July 2011

The facility was clean, rooms nice size and the staff were very accomodating - the free laundry facilities was an unexpected plus but very appreciated. Internet service worked great and having a kitchen to fix food was very helpful. Easy access on and off the highway but they definitely need a large sign so you can see if from the highway. I would highly recommend this facility to anyone and look forward to coming back. I have sleep issues and the staff continued to work with us to help me get a good nights rest.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 June 2010

Honestly, the floor would have been softer -- and free of lumps. The pillows were so bad (hard, lumpy and smelled of b.o.) I left in the middle of the night, went to Wal-Mart, bought two $4 pillows which were far superior to what the hotel offered. Imagine my surprise when I returned to the hotel to see another guest walking in with pillows he bought at an all-night store. Rooms themselves were clean, but the air-conditioning system was poor. No cooling unit in the bedroom. It's supposed to get cool by osmosis through a vent near the ceiling. Temp hovered around 85 degrees all night. Good business center, although the keyboards were sticky with grime.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business