See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 22 August 2011

After reading the previous reviews here on TripAdvisor, my girlfriend and I decided to stay in this substandard motel. Substandard is understatement of the year. The Travelodge economy inn, on 1st street in Evansville, Indiana was NOT at all as described. A small Indian girl translated for her mother as she explained that her English-speaking father would be down in ten minutes to the filthy, smoke filled lobby to take our reservation. Several creepy men & women, dirty, and strange acting, filtered into the lobby eyeballing us. One of which, took the room next to ours, kept us up all night banging and screaming at the walls. The bed was brown with stains and unclean linens. Shower, black mold. Carpet, stiff and soiled. Air-conditioner, non-functional, but noisy. Needless to say we stayed up all night waiting for daylight and cut our trip short! Called Travelodge, who explained NOTHING could be done, except to note our experience. No partial refund or anything. It was told to us that this particular location was privately owned, and not accountable to the main company. Very upset. ...did I mention the broken glass? Obviously a drug-motel. NOT SAFE for families! Please be advised! 1-800-835-2424 is Travelodge customer service number... just in case you don't take my advice, you'll need it.

Room Tip: Broken glass, filthy, oh so filthy. Health inspector should condemn this business pending cleaning & repairs.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank SacrificeTheGodsBand
Reviewed 27 March 2011

Very nice and a great breakfast for a great price. Comfortable beds also. Impressive that its animal friendly.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Mellohello
Reviewed 16 April 2006

I spent one night here last fall, while scouting locations for a new trucking-oriented business. All in all, this was a decent, low-price stay, great for travelers on a tight budget. I didn't have to put up with any of the crap, that one often encounters in a lower price range lodge, such as dirty rooms or loud neighbors,etc. Instead, my resting place was clean, quiet, and cheap. Do it again? Oh,yes.

• Stayed: October 2005, travelled on business