“WARNING---KING SUITES ONLY SLEEP 3 ADULTS...NOT 4 AS ADVERTISED”

Clarion Inn & Suites Evansville East
Ranked #31 of 36 Hotels in Evansville
Reviewed 23 June 2017

Had booked this property passing through as it was fairly close to I-69 and to a meeting point. Had family in tow. Arrived and checked in OK. Got to room and learned the sleeper sofa is a single. Not a double to even a twin....let alone a queen as the listing has explicitly stated as accommodating 4 people. HUH....??? Never seen this before in 35 years of travel.

While they were able to move us to a lower priced double queen, they did not (or would not) reduce the nightly rate to match the AAA rate on Choice's web page for that room. When pressed for the credit, I was shown by the general manager the room was really $105.night. Suffice to say, and being polite, I'm less than impressed with the "customer first" mindset at this property.

Overall the property was recently completely renovated and appears nice....for now. It's clear to us the property was not complete when a large group arrived just after we did. Whether the renovation resulted in less room for the sleeper in the suite or not, the architect and owner regardless didn't do their homework or due diligence. And now the property markets a room which clearly can not accommodate the advertised number of guests.

Sleep was comfortable on what should be new beds with clean new linen...for now. Breakfast was typical, but added scrambled eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy and potatoes. So that's a nice adder compared to many other chains in this class.

A minor annoyance is the rooms were not serviced daily during the stay. We needed to seek out replacement towels/floor matts, TP rolls, shampoo and other staples. And no, the beds were also not made daily....even with the same linens. I'm low maintenance, so that doesn't bother me that much. Others will find it appalling. Hence the mention.

Let me also add, I follow the AAA diamond rating scheme. This is at most 2 diamonds....even if **we** avoided room problems other than not being able to stay in the desired room. Others did suffer however and I'll let them offer their own thoughts in their won words.

Overall at one time, I had experienced the Clarion brand name representing higher quality. This property isn't in that brand mold. And I really need to reconsider my lodging choice where Clarion and the other Choice hotels are involved if this is their stated lodging direction.

Room Tip: King suites only sleeps three unless one sleep in a crib...or on the floor.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Mike_Mac_Chicago
Amber J, General Manager at Clarion Inn & Suites Evansville East, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2017

Thank you for letting us know about your recent experience with our hotel. I apologize if our service did not meet your expectations and appreciate you taking the time to share your concerns.

I'm sorry if you were misinformed about the sofa sleepers in the king suites but we did try to accommodate you and your family's needs. Even moving you to a room type that was unavailable the weekend you were here. I honored the AAA discount as well and kept you in the same room for the entirety of your stay. Which was quite a feat considering you had two reservations, in two different room types during your stay.

I'm terribly sorry for failing to exceed your expectations.

Amber
Clarion Inn & Suites

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 13 June 2017

I stayed here one night on my way to KY and another night on my way back home to MO. I had a king suite non-smoking room both nights. The layout was great. The bedroom area had a door to separate it from the living area. I was traveling with a friend who stayed in the bedroom and I slept on the pull-out bed in the living area. It was nice to have our own separate areas since we didn't keep the same sleeping and rising schedule. The room was clean and service was great. They also have a very nice hot breakfast including eggs, sausage, potatoes, biscuits and gravy, and waffles.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Amber J, General Manager at Clarion Inn & Suites Evansville East, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2017

Thank you for taking the time to fill out our online survey.

It was so nice meeting you ladies and having you stay with us not once but twice on your trip. I'm pleased that you enjoyed our hotel and hope that you will come back and see us soon!

Amber
Clarion Inn & Suites

Reviewed 19 May 2017

The lobby is very inviting, and the decor is beautiful! Rooms are nice sized and have comfy beds. The location is pleasantly quiet and is still not too far from all the businesses. Staff is friendly, and they have a great free breakfast! We were very impressed with our stay at the Clarion, and we plan on staying there every time we are spending the night in Evansville.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 May 2017

Beautiful new hotel with a great friendly staff! Great Location and easy to find! Convenient to shopping and food. The Hotel was clean and quiet. Nice patio, pool, and fitness areas! I would definitely hope to stay here again

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Amber J, General Manager at Clarion Inn & Suites Evansville East, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2017

Thank you for sharing your feedback from your stay.

We appreciate your kind words about our staff and newly renovated hotel. Please come back and stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed 14 May 2017

Very impressed with the property as a whole - Found the hotel to be clean and well kept. Good job on the remodel. Near a variety of food and retail venues . The management and staff were courteous and professional. I will recommend this to my associates who travel to the area often.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Amber J, General Manager at Clarion Inn & Suites Evansville East, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2017

Thank you for taking the time to fill out our online survey.

Customer satisfaction is very important to us at Clarion Inn & Suites and I'm thrilled that you enjoyed the hotel and your stay with us. Please come back and stay with us again in the future.

Thanks