“Do not stay here - problems cannot be resolved and management is not focused on guests” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Elkhart-South

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Elkhart-South
Ranked #17 of 22 Hotels in Elkhart
Pakse
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2011

I booked a full price room in the hotel ($159 - which for this property is high). For my money I recieved a room complete with a church choir.

I am not being cute - for roughly 3 hours, my room was innudated with chanting and yelling from a "Church" using the 2nd floor meeting room.

I called the front desk on 4 occassions and was told the church group had a right to worship and I apparently did not have a right to the peaceful enjoyment of my room on a Sunday evening prior to a Monday morning early meeting.

How foolish of me to expect a quiet room in a hotel free of loud religious preaching. I have no idea if these folks were Buddist, Hindu, Moslem, Christian or Jewish - or none of the above...whatever they were; they were very, very loud and yelled and stomped enough to shake my laptop on the desk in my room.

I have served my country and fought for the religious freedom of everyone. But that should not give you the right in a private commercial space to infringe upon my quiet enjoyement.

The hotel management and staff communicated quite clearly they did not care that I was disturbed. No offer of moving me to another room was ever made (hotel was quite empty - other than me and the religious folks).

So - while you may not encounter these exact folks - you will encounter a staff that does not care to assist you with your stay. And I do hope and pray that wherever you stay you do not encounter such intolerance for your desire to peacefully enjoy your room after a day filled with TSA :)

Verdict: Direction from Senior Management/Ownership at this hotel is so poor in customer service and consideration that you should not stay - anywhere would be better.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
      Sleep Quality
4 Thank Pakse
GM-Neely, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Elkhart-South, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Hello,

Firstly thank you for coming and staying with us. We also appreciate your feedback, as it is the only way we can improve our staff and our product. I am disappointed to hear that you were not satisfied with your stay.

We hope that you return one day and give us the opportunity to do it for you the right way. as your satisfaction is most important to us.

Please accept our apologies; we hope to see you again!

-C. Neely
-General Manager
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Chicagoland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2010

We stay here for work whenever we are in town. The staff is great, the hotel is well kept. Clean and comfortable. Have never had any problems and we usually get 5 or more rooms at a time.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled on business
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank Eric H
iowa
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2009

The hotel was clean and staff were nice but that's about the only good things about this hotel. The bed was so uncomfortable my back hurt for days following. They advertised a jacuzzi and when we arrived it was filled in with concrete. The breakfast was cold and gross. It was way overpriced for the ammenties that they listed and didn't have there. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank trasfrogs

Travellers are raving about these Elkhart hotels

Indiana
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2007

Pros: Hotel is clean, and has easy access. Staff was friendly.
Cons: Overpriced! There are many other hotels in the area with more for the money. The beds were unbelievably cheap and uncomfortable. The pool did not open until 10, and the hot tub was lukewarm with jets that did not work.

Bottom line: In a pinch it is clean and safe, but you could easily do better.

• Liked — Clean
  • Disliked — Overpriced and horrible beds
  • Stayed March 2007, travelled on business
      Check-in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Me3Indiana
Sandusky, OH
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2006

This was an excellent property and I really enjoyed my stay here, even though I was on business.

My only gripe was the lack of wireless internet available in the room. Wired high-speed was available in the room, but I could not get it to work.

The hotel is very new and the staff did their job. The breakfast area is spacious and was well-stocked. The pool area was also nice (but I did not use it). The fitness room was nice to see, it had two treadmills and a stationary bike.

It is not the most convenient to Elkhart, but it near the intersection of 20 and 19 which gives you a nice middle of the road between Elkhart and Goshen.

The whirlpool room was actually cheaper ($115 versus $155) than a standard room and was a great. It had a king bed, chair with footstool, desk area, mini-fridge, sink, coffee maker, and of course the whirlpool.

The only negative in the bathroom is that it does not have the HIEX rounded shower curtain, but that's it. Everything else was great.

• Stayed August 2006
      Check-in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)