“Beds are a little lacking”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Elkhart-South
Ranked #14 of 22 Hotels in Elkhart
Reviewed 26 February 2012

Front desk man was nice, but the bed looked like a left over from a close out. Hotel is a bit out of town so going for food in the snow took a while.

Room Tip: Go to the north side of town. Lots of food and a lot more hotels
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank MCtravler
IHGCare, Guest Relations IHGCare at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Elkhart-South, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2012

Dear MCtravler,

Thank you for the feedback. We strive to make sure every guest has a wonderful experience here and greatly appreciate the feedback if they don't.
I do apologize that you felt the beds were uncomfortable.

Katie J
Case Manager
IHGCare

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Elkhart-South

Reviewed 1 September 2011

I am making reservations at a hotel in Elkhart this labor day weekend Sept 3-7, 2011 and for the holidays. My family lives in Elkhart. My last visit was December of 2010. It was the last of several stays at this particular Holiday Inn. I am a Platinum Priority Club Member because I travel frequently for business. This hotel by far is the worst hotel I have stayed in in this country and international. Stay somewhere else, stay away from this place. THE BEDS ARE VERY UNCOMFORTABLE AND YOUR SLEEP WILL BE COMPROMISED.

Room Tip: No room has a comfortable bed. I have tried changing rooms and asking staff for help.
  • Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank JerryD_2011
Reviewed 1 August 2011

I am overall a big fan of the changes Holiday Inn Express made a few years ago with their King liesure rooms however this one felt like a cheap knockoff. I have been staying in cheaper rooms lately because it has gotten hard to find an Express room for under $100. The price was right this time but I regret my decision. The bed was hard. I felt every spring in that mattress. Everything else in the room was adequate just not what I have come to expect from the chain.

I missed breakfast by 3 minutes so I can't really comment (other than to say I was disappointed that they had cleaned up that fast).

Nothing to eat nearby except fast food.

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed 21 February 2011

I booked a full price room in the hotel ($159 - which for this property is high). For my money I recieved a room complete with a church choir.

I am not being cute - for roughly 3 hours, my room was innudated with chanting and yelling from a "Church" using the 2nd floor meeting room.

I called the front desk on 4 occassions and was told the church group had a right to worship and I apparently did not have a right to the peaceful enjoyment of my room on a Sunday evening prior to a Monday morning early meeting.

How foolish of me to expect a quiet room in a hotel free of loud religious preaching. I have no idea if these folks were Buddist, Hindu, Moslem, Christian or Jewish - or none of the above...whatever they were; they were very, very loud and yelled and stomped enough to shake my laptop on the desk in my room.

I have served my country and fought for the religious freedom of everyone. But that should not give you the right in a private commercial space to infringe upon my quiet enjoyement.

The hotel management and staff communicated quite clearly they did not care that I was disturbed. No offer of moving me to another room was ever made (hotel was quite empty - other than me and the religious folks).

So - while you may not encounter these exact folks - you will encounter a staff that does not care to assist you with your stay. And I do hope and pray that wherever you stay you do not encounter such intolerance for your desire to peacefully enjoy your room after a day filled with TSA :)

Verdict: Direction from Senior Management/Ownership at this hotel is so poor in customer service and consideration that you should not stay - anywhere would be better.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
4  Thank Pakse
GM-Neely, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Elkhart-South, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Hello,

Firstly thank you for coming and staying with us. We also appreciate your feedback, as it is the only way we can improve our staff and our product. I am disappointed to hear that you were not satisfied with your stay.

We hope that you return one day and give us the opportunity to do it for you the right way. as your satisfaction is most important to us.

Please accept our apologies; we hope to see you again!

-C. Neely
-General Manager

Reviewed 18 December 2010

We stay here for work whenever we are in town. The staff is great, the hotel is well kept. Clean and comfortable. Have never had any problems and we usually get 5 or more rooms at a time.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business