Stream Cliff Herb Farm and Winery
Ranked #1 of 1 things to do in Commiskey
More attraction details
Owner description: Stream Cliff Herb Farm, Tearoom & Winery is a 5th generation family owned farm in Southeastern Indiana. It is s beautiful place to spend the day relaxing and enjoying fine wine and delicious homemade food. Our restaurant uses fresh herbs and edible flowers to create unique gourmet meals. The winery features over eighteen varieties of handcrafted wines, ranging from bold, dry reds to sweet fruit wines. There are several garden areas to stroll through and many peaceful areas to relax. We specialize in herbs, perennials and unusual annuals. There are thousands of plants for sale in addition to three gift shops full of books, candles, gardening items and much more. We offer classes on gardening, cooking with wine and herbs, and handcrafts. The restaurant, gift shops, plant and garden areas are open April through mid October. The winery's hours extend further into the winter. Please check our website for days and hours of operation.
Reviewed 20 July 2017 via mobile

A friend & I went as part of the Indiana Wine Trail. It was a Wednesday afternoon & as we drove up we were excited because the grounds really were beautiful. We didn't see any other customers so we were even more excited, thinking that we would get a really personal experience. That was far from what happened. Even after telling the tasting server that it was our first time there, she offered absolutely no information about the business or the wines. She just stood behind the counter expressionless and poured wines with not even an attempt at making conversation. It was very awkward & uncomfortable & like no tasting I've ever done before. We were in & out of there in 10-15 minutes. Very disappointing.

Reviewed 9 July 2017

This place has it all. The Winery serves up some very tasty wines. The restaurant has fabulous fresh food. The Garden Shop has beautiful herbs and plants. The grounds are so welcoming. Grab a glass of wine and just wander around, or, find a seat in the gardens and just watch the world go by.

Reviewed 23 June 2017

I had been here about four years ago during a wine tour and got only a limited view of what all was available. Wow! I had no idea there was so much more. We finally made it back and had such an enjoyable time. We ate a delicious lunch at their Twigs & Sprigs Tearoom. I had a chicken salad sampler, and my friend had a blueberry walnut salad. We topped it off with sharing our desserts of blackberry cobbler ale mode and bread pudding with a sweet bourbon sauce. too good to pass up, we should have just skipped to dessert. All was very filling. We walked about the gardens and into their greenhouse and made several purchases at reduced prices. This is a wonderful place to meet for any occasion. I think the other events they do would be equally fun and wonderful.

Reviewed 5 June 2017

I've been here several times, and I love it! Sometime I would like to take one of their classes, but in the meantime I have enjoyed walking the gardens, sitting in the shade taking in the beauty, and you have to plan on having lunch at the tea room. I'm not a wine drinker, although they have, I understand, a great selection of wines, however, I absolutely love their lemonade made with lemon verbena. You've never tasted anything like it. My other favorites are their pasta salad and rosemary and dill chicken salad, but whatever you choose, you will love it. You can also purchase plants, and items from the gift shop. I bought the book about the history of this special place a few years ago, and it contains recipes of some of the items you will have enjoyed at the tea room. I will say that young children will not enjoy it, but it is more for couples or a girls day out.

Reviewed 3 June 2017 via mobile

The lunch salads are the best I have ever had! The service excellent. There is a lovely winery though I don't drink. Best of all there is a nursery with many plants to buy and a garden to walk through. 10 of 10 for us.

1  Thank Kathryn F

Been to Stream Cliff Herb Farm and Winery? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK