“Be sure to come hungry!”

Stream Cliff Herb Farm and Winery
Ranked #1 of 1 things to do in Commiskey
More attraction details
Owner description: Stream Cliff Herb Farm, Tearoom & Winery is a 5th generation family owned farm in Southeastern Indiana. It is s beautiful place to spend the day relaxing and enjoying fine wine and delicious homemade food. Our restaurant uses fresh herbs and edible flowers to create unique gourmet meals. The winery features over eighteen varieties of handcrafted wines, ranging from bold, dry reds to sweet fruit wines. There are several garden areas to stroll through and many peaceful areas to relax. We specialize in herbs, perennials and unusual annuals. There are thousands of plants for sale in addition to three gift shops full of books, candles, gardening items and much more. We offer classes on gardening, cooking with wine and herbs, and handcrafts. The restaurant, gift shops, plant and garden areas are open April through mid October. The winery's hours extend further into the winter. Please check our website for days and hours of operation.
Reviewed 5 June 2017

I've been here several times, and I love it! Sometime I would like to take one of their classes, but in the meantime I have enjoyed walking the gardens, sitting in the shade taking in the beauty, and you have to plan on having lunch at the tea room. I'm not a wine drinker, although they have, I understand, a great selection of wines, however, I absolutely love their lemonade made with lemon verbena. You've never tasted anything like it. My other favorites are their pasta salad and rosemary and dill chicken salad, but whatever you choose, you will love it. You can also purchase plants, and items from the gift shop. I bought the book about the history of this special place a few years ago, and it contains recipes of some of the items you will have enjoyed at the tea room. I will say that young children will not enjoy it, but it is more for couples or a girls day out.

Reviewed 3 June 2017 via mobile

The lunch salads are the best I have ever had! The service excellent. There is a lovely winery though I don't drink. Best of all there is a nursery with many plants to buy and a garden to walk through. 10 of 10 for us.

1  Thank Kathryn F
Reviewed 25 May 2017

My husband and I along with friends visited this winery as apart of the Indiana Wine Trail. This place is HUGE and you could easily spend a couple hours here. We visited the day before Mother's Day (not the best idea) and the weather was gorgeous! It was mid afternoon and bustling with people doing wine tastings, eating lunch, and purchasing plants at their huge greenhouse. After we toured the gardens, gift shop, chapel, greenhouse, and antique shop, we were hoping to grab a bite to eat at their restaurant Twigs and Sprigs, but the waiting list was 2 pages long! However, that was only if you wanted to eat inside. They also have a covered porch with tables that anyone can grab once they become available. We were fortunate to be able to grab a table and eat lunch. They have a very nice menu with lots to choose from. We enjoyed the salad sampler with several different pasta salads, etc all made with fresh herbs from the garden. They also had some amazing desserts to choose from. One of the most popular is the hummingbird cake which basically tastes like layered banana bread with pineapple and frosted with cream cheese frosting. It was good. At the actual tasting bar, they seemed quite stingy on their wine tastings. You barely got enough to try and they limit you to four. Of course, if they know you are going to be purchasing some wine, I think they will let you try a few more. It was a nice visit.

Reviewed 30 April 2017

My cousin and I traveled 2 1/2 hours to take one of the moss hanging basket classes they offered. The class time was from 11 to 1:30 and our class total was 35 participants. We spent the first half hour to 45 minutes in their chapel building where the owner talked about her life experiences, and showed some of the plants that were available in their greenhouses. She then sang two hymns and we were dismissed to go make our baskets. I had anticipated learning how to actually make a moss basket and then choosing a few plants to sit inside of it. The baskets were already made and filled with dirt, but not the green moss - morel like the wheat colored moss. There were three begonia plants sitting on top of each basket, along with a sprig of a filler. The only instruction I heard was to place the filler in the middle. After that, not knowing what else to do, we just stuck our begonias in the planter by digging little holes with our hands (no one told us to bring gardening gloves) and sticking the begonias in. I'm not a fan of begonias, but the basket turned out okay - the actual "making" of the basket took 10 minutes. We did have a nice lunch and the greenhouse plants were amazing. But all in all, not worth driving 2 1/2 hours to not really learn anything about truly making a moss hanging basket.

Reviewed 28 April 2017

There is a whole lot going on here! There is a restaurant (didn't eat there), winery (great wine; bought at least 4 bottles), antiques, and a couple of shops. Site is well maintained. Winery staff was very pleasant. Wine was a little higher than a previous winery we had visited but that might have been because there is so much other stuff going on at this location. Wine was reasonably priced and very good. Also bought a jar of preserves there which is excellent. The preserves are not made onsite. Following GPS directions might get you in trouble as the road will run out and you will be looking at a significant stream. If coming from Madison take Hwy 7 to westbound 250 and turn right (northbound) on Hwy 3. The winery is marked by a sign 1/3 of a mile north of the town of Commiskey.

Been to Stream Cliff Herb Farm and Winery? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK