“Bed Bugs!!!”

Sleep Inn & Suites Lakeside
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed 23 May 2011

Overall, my initial impression of this property was not a bad one from the lobby. Arrived to witness a guest complaning about a bad experience but thought nothing of it. Again nothing initially appeared to be terrible on first look in the room - typical low cost hotel with few amenities and dated and a little rough on the edges. However, when I got into the bed Saturday evening, I found a disturbing amount of bed bugs! Many were crawling between the comforter and flat sheet, and more between the flat sheet and fitted sheet. After waking my daughter to check her bed, we found no problem there. The front desk attendent (assistant manager I think?) said they "have heard of other hotels around Columbus having problems with bed bugs", but claimed they did not. Obviously, she was wrong! I would recommend spending another $10-20 per night and try a different property.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank Redtomatobone

Reviewed 20 April 2011

I wish i could bring the comfort and hospitality with me on every trip. The Sleep Inn, in columbus,IN is by far the best. The manager is a WONDERFUL woman.

Room Tip: Speak to Mrs. Beabout !
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank OneRoamer
Reviewed 9 April 2011

We stayed here based on other positive reviews and weren't disappointed. It was very easy to get to, close to the highway, but far enough away to be quiet. The lobby appearance was very nice, large breakfast area and very spacious rooms. They had a very nice set up like large counter above the drawers which had the TV on it with plenty of space. There was a nice micro/fridge and a very nice shower. The pool was one of the warmest ones I've been in. They also had a very large business area set up like a living room.

The desk people, both at check in and check out were fine. However, as an Elite Choice member, we were given coupons to give employees who thanked us for our status. They would get extra "points". None of the three people who worked with us mentioned it, so they didn't get the certificates. I was looking forward to giving them out, I figured they knew about the promo, guess not. I'll save them for the rest of the trip and maybe I can make someone else's days.

Yes, there were restaurants nearby, but don't bother with Demetri's, no-one ever came to help us. IHOP was attentive, but the food was OK, but both are within walking distance. Yeah, you may want to drive to eat. Overall, would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 April 2011

I have stayed at many Sleep Inn's throughout the country and this was the best! The rooms were immaculate, the breakfast was great, the heated pool was actually HEATED. I was told at check-out by the Assistant Mgr. that it was the "upper crust" of the Sleep Inn brand, because it is a Sleep Inn & Suites but I paid less to stay there than any other hotel at the Columbus exit! I WILL return!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 February 2011

A few years ago we had stayed at this Sleep Inn. On our way to Holiday World we decided to stay at the Sleep Inn at Columbus, Indiana again. Of course the hotel has a aged a bit since then, but is still very clean and nice. This hotel also has lots of places to eat near it. When we checked in, the lady at the front desk was very nice. Also, we were surprised to see how cheap the room was. Our room was on the third floor and was very quiet. The non-smoking room did not have a smoke smell like some other hotels.Our room was also very clean. Everyone got a good nights rest. In the morning a great free breakfast is offered with milk, juice, biscuits and gravy and much more. This hotel is a great value overall.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Columbus
1.5 km away
Comfort Inn
#3 of 7 in Nashville
12.8 km away
Hilton Garden Inn Columbus/Edinburgh

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites Lakeside? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK