“A fine stay at the candlewood”

Candlewood Suites Louisville North
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Clarksville
Reviewed 26 June 2011

We stayed here while spending time in Louisville, KY. This hotel is right across the bridge from Louisville. The place was very clean and quiet. There are tons of shopping in the area if that is one of your interests. We always enjoy the Candlewood Cupboard. It is nice having the "home away from home" setup that the Candlewood offers. This place is your standard type Candlewood. I would stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank 63impala
GHSsales, Area Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Louisville North, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2011

Thank you for your recent visit to our Candlewood Suites Louisville North located in Clarksville Indiana. We appreciate your choosing us for your home away from home and welcome you back any time you are in the Louisville area!
We are still pretty new to this area and we strive hard to provide the best value in the market today. Thank you for helping spread the word!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Candlewood Suites Louisville North

Reviewed 29 July 2010

Before visiting my sister Lynn and her family in Sellersburg, IN., I researched online for a newer hotel, as we were not happy with the others in this area in past years (old, worn out, dated furnishings). So when Lynn suggested this new hotel I checked it out before checking in. It is brand new with a great location to restaurants and mall; friendly staff; and very clean. It even had that 'new' smell to it! We loved our large room with 2 queen beds, a kitchen area, large bathroom and comfortable bedding. There is a pool, fitness and business center in the hotel. No breakfast is served, however, but lots of restaurants and doughnut shops very nearby. We drove 10 miles to Churchill Downs for an afternoon at the track, then shopped at the mall.
I am very particular about which hotel I will stay in, so I was concerned since I have never heard of this brand. But all my worries vanished upon check-in as the front desk clerk was so friendly, room was very clean and well-equipt, and everything was perfect. I will definetely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank iTeachVirginia
Reviewed 23 November 2009

This is a newly built hotel that's easy to see from the highway, but takes a little effort to get to, probably because the area around it is still being developed.

Check-in was fast and easy, and we were surprised by how well laid-out the floor plan in our room was. Everything was spotlessly clean - from the kitchen area to the sleeping area to the bathrooms. The room was equipped with a full-sized refridgerator, a two-burner cooktop, microwave, toaster and coffee maker, as well as dishes, pots, pans, utensils and glasses. The dishwasher makes clean-up a snap. Toaster ovens are available on loan from the front desk. The room also had a good sized high definition, flat screen TV with a DVD player.

Since this is an extended stay hotel, there are a few differences from regular hotels. First and foremost, there is a 24-hour pantry available to guests. The pantry offers a variety of boxed meals, frozen entrees, and refrigerated soft drinks, milk, juice, eggs, asprin etc. for a small fee, with prices clearly marked on the shelves and doors. Another difference is that guests may check out DVDs and books for free from a selection at the front desk. The hotel also offers free use of the laundry facility, and detergent and fabric softener are available for a nominal fee.

This hotel has a small swimming pool, a business center, free high speed internet access and a gym that is open 24 hours. There is also a patio equipped with grills for those who want to do a little barbequeing.

Other features may not be immediately noticable, but include real windows that you can open to let in the breeze (or to let out the smell of burnt microwave popcorn) and bathtubs where guests can actually lean back and relax. On Wednesdays the staff hosts a social hour for guests to mingle and enjoy free food and drinks. When the hotel manager learned that I am vegetarian and could not eat anything on the buffet, she asked what I was in the mood for and sent out for it. That's really going above and beyond and I certainly wasn't expecting it. What a pleasant surprise!

The hotel does not have a restaurant, but there are plenty of restaurants in the area, and if you'd rather fix something in your room, there are several grocery stores nearby, including a Super Target and a Sam's Club.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank LeShock22
Reviewed 31 July 2009

Restaurants (walk to Outback), shopping of all sorts, movie theater... all within about a mile. Louisville... within about 15 miles (and I don't mean the city limit, I mean downtown 'where it's at'). You CANNOT beat the location.

Clean, clean, clean. And still in brand new condition... what more can I say. They have very nice bedding, none of that polyester blend bedspread junk. Nice towels.

My young son and I stayed in the 1 bedroom suite. Everything but a stove, which wasn't a requirement for me. I understand all rooms come with a fridge and micro, which is about all you might require anyway. My only complaint with the room, I suppose, is that it did stay kinda hot in the bedroom. There is no direct air conditioning in the BR, so you have to keep the door open at all times to keep it reasonably cool (and thats running the air at 60 at all times in the main room). There is a 'vent' with a fan in the wall between, that is supposed to suck the cool air in from the living room - doesn't do much to help. Leaving the door open to the BR is about the only way to really keep cool air in the BR.

The staff were nice enough - the manager was the nicest; the rest are just 'there'. The manager was so very accomodating, though, that I could overlook the rest of the staff's lack of contact. (I guess I just like a smile or something when I walk in. They were certainly competent, just not overly friendly.) The only other complaint I might have, and I don't know that the staff really could have done anything anyway, is that there were Little League families staying the same weekend... and those parents let their kids run the halls and elevators wild at all hours without any parents visible. (Seriously, 8 year olds on the elevator, mock sword fighting with bats, at 10:45 pm. No parent around when they got on; no parent in sight when they got off. )

All in all, though, I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank BlondeGirlFromGA
Reviewed 27 July 2009

This is a very new hotel, and is easy to see from I-65, but it’s a little challenging to get to as it sits on a weird little outer road that’s not marked very well.

Check-in was quick and painless, and my room preference was granted. This hotel has a full pantry with everything from microwave dinners to aspirin, all at reasonable prices. The pantry is open 24/7, so you can get a snack, soda, meal or whatever you’re in the mood for any time of day or night.

My room was spotless. Even the telephone was clean and smelled like cinnamon, no joke! My room had a fully stocked kitchen, right down to storage containers, cookware, and anything you could dream of. Did I mention the kitchen has laminate hardwood floors? The studio-style room also had a large flat panel TV, and a very comfortable bed.

If they continue to maintain this hotel to the standard that it was build, and keep the rate at what I paid, I have no reason to go anywhere else when in this area; I’d even go out of my way and cross the river from Louisville to stay here.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank ProfessionalTraveler
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clarksville
0.6 km away
6.1 km away
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Louisville North
6.2 km away
Sheraton Louisville Riverside Hotel

Been to Candlewood Suites Louisville North? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK