“A Good Place Gone Downhill”
Review of Steak 'n Shake

Steak 'n Shake
Ranked #53 of 76 Restaurants in Brownsburg
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Takeout
Reviewed 3 October 2017

I have always liked Steak 'n' Shake and in general like their food. However the past few years I have been very unhappy, everything from poor service, wrong orders, cold food ect. I don't think the employees even care. They advertise a cheesey cheddar burger with loads of melted cheese. It used to have lots and that is what it shows in the picture. Now there is only a tiny bit. When I asked about it, I was told it is pre=measured. But is less than 1/4 of what it used to have. One day we waited forever for our shakes. When they finally came, they obviously had been sitting for quite some time. The whipped cream had melted all over the outside of the glass. When we pointed this out to the server, she said they had a new guy making shakes. Just because he was new, doesn't mean it had to sit there when it was made. She didn't even wipe the whipped cream off the outside of the glass. We had to use paper towels from the bathroom to clean off the glass.

Every Steak 'n' Shake I have been too for at least five years has had problems.

Reviewed 18 September 2017

The food was typical but the server was great!! I wish she worked more often. I made a point to let the manager know how great she was.

Reviewed 2 September 2017 via mobile

Our family waited 1 hour 20 minutes to receive their food. Within that timeframe, only some received their food. The order was incorrect and drinks were not refilled. You can imagine how well this went with children.

Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

My son and I stop in when he is home from college. He gets two full meals and a shake. He plays football and always eats a ton. We love the atmosphere and the great food. The staff takes great care of us and we can be in and out in a flash. Great place to spend a little time with my kids who are always on the move with sports. Prices are easy on the wallet. Love that place.

Reviewed 18 June 2017 via mobile

This restaurant had really gone downhill. Last time we went service was lousy..place looked a mess.

So when my husband suggested going there the other day I wasn't wanting to go.

What a difference!! Servers were great and attentive. Food came out soo quickly I couldn't believe it. Manager checked on us to see if we needed anything.

On my Facebook residents of Avon and Brownsburg were complaining about both locations.

As I commented...it has always been one of my favorites for a good burger for a reasonable price. But after soo many bad experiences was hesitant to return.

Keep up the good work Bburg Steak and Shake!!!
Have not been to Avon location to know how they are doing.
We love our Steak and Shake!!