“It was OK, but nothing special”

Sal's Famous Pizzeria
Ranked #6 of 76 Restaurants in Brownsburg
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed 27 October 2009

I thought their food was OK, but according to the rave reviews I had read, perhaps I expected too much. Their food tasted one-dimensional to me, but I did appreciate the quick service and the friendly staff.

Reviewed 14 August 2009

One of our favorite "Mom and Pop" places.

Reviewed 15 December 2008

Atmosphere is lacking but if you just want very good Italian you can't go wrong. Service is always good. These top our list: Chicken Stromboli, Chicken Calzone, Baked Ziti, Cheese Pizza, Bread Sticks, Spaghetti w/ Meatballs. Bruschetta is off the charts good, in a class by itself.

Reviewed 27 October 2008

Really can't say anymore then the review above but to say what a great place for lunch. Our family loves this place.

Reviewed 7 August 2008

What a delightful find! Don't let the location deceive you (strip mall), inside is a small, CLEAN, friendly Italian restaurant. There were beautiful painted murals on the wall, the bar off to the side looked cozy, and the staff were pleasant and helpful. The food was great- try the garlic rolls, they are something else! We had a pizza with everything on it. The crust is hand-tossed, not too think and not too thick. The pizza was not greasy or completely swimming in cheese (which can be good, don't get me wrong, it just seemed to have a nice balance of everything). I definitely will come here again, and try one of their other pasta dishes or a calzone...