“First disappointing meal I've had here”

Samira's Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 352 Restaurants in Bloomington
Price range: US$ 15 - US$ 20
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: N. Walnut St.
Reviewed 14 July 2017 via mobile

This is the place my department brings job candidates to impress them. The cuisine and service used to be reliably high quality, every visit, no surprises. However, this visit was not impressive. The wait staff are now much younger, and seem to be poorly trained and supervised. Our waiter mixed up our orders, never checked on us, never brought us clean cutlery or retrieved our kebab spears, and seemed asleep at the wheel. My med rare kebab was overcooked (barely pink, tough). Our bread was stale. We ordered tea (was with a bunch of Turkish friends; you have to have tea!) and the waiter said they were out of tea.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Samira's Restaurant

Reviewed 10 July 2017

The service is not always that good, but the food is consistently solid, and there are lots of vegetarian options.

Reviewed 10 July 2017

The food is always excellent, very fresh, and they give you delicious extras, too. You always get a basket of bread, hummus, and baklava on top of the salad and entrees at the buffet. I love their meatballs, the chickpea dish, and spiced rice. It's all very reasonably priced (can't remember exactly but I know it's less than $10).

Reviewed 30 May 2017

I dined at Samira's and found the food excellent quality and at a very good price. I can recommend the kebab combo, it included two appetizers, lentil soup, the kebabs, two vegetables, and pilaf. You can't beat the value for $20.

Reviewed 25 May 2017

This place was a nice surprise for a little town.... The Baba Ganouj was almost fluffly. The lamb kabobs were terrifically tender, with deliciously seasoned rice alongside. Those two items would have been enough for two people (I took a bunch back home to my AirBnB). Highly recommended.