“Loved It!”

Ranked #1 of 9 Bloomington B&B and Inns
Memphis, Tennessee
“Loved It!”
Reviewed 6 February 2012

We have stayed many times in other Bloomington hotels, as our daughter is a student at IU. But coming on a big game weekend, we found that all our known hotels were sold out. Quite by accident, we stumbled upon the Showers Inn, and what a treat for us! The Inn has been brought into the 21st century, making sure to have all the conveniences of today, but the charm of the original house has been left in all the right places. Our room had windows on 3 of the 4 walls, giving us a beautiful view of Bloomington from various angles. The bed was the most comfortable I have ever slept in. In fact, my husband said that he got very little sleep, because I woke him so many times doing the night to tell him how comfortable I was. The staff was warm and welcoming. The food was excellent. My only complaint was that I couldn't stay longer. Had to hit the road early, and didn't have time to see more of the Inn. Will definitely return, and hopefully for longer next time.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank stacyv63
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Chicago
Reviewed 23 January 2012

As avid IU fans, we love to venture down to Bloomington whenever we have a chance for a football weekend or basketball weekend -- this has quickly become the ONLY place we stay! The rooms are wonderful (ahh the beds!), the breakfast and cozy dining area always hits the spot and the staff there are all very friendly. They can make breakfast to your preference if you like your eggs a particular way and are happy to share their recommendations in Bloomington. I love this place and with its great location to campus, Kirkwood (main bar street), as well as the downtown square, you are literally within a brief walk to anywhere you want to go! If you are traveling with others and are planning to book 3 or 4 rooms, you may want to request the main house as there are 4 total rooms in there - we frequently fill all 4 rooms with everyone we are with, thus allowing even more of a sense of "being at home." You can meet your friends by the fireplace below, all sit at the dining table for breakfast, gather on the main balcony off the large room and more. Highly recommend...and be sure to sign the guest book on the way out!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank TravelinJB
Boca Raton, Florida
Reviewed 2 October 2011

if you are visiting bloomington, this is the best place to stay, hands down. i have been visiting
the area for the last 6 years, and wish that the Showers Inn was built then. Immaculate clean, modern rooms, all have mini kitchenettes, granite counters, jacuzzi tubs, i-pod ports with stereo speakers in the ceiling. our room was beautifully appointed and comfortable. I love this place

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 June 2011

Best time to stay is when college Is not in session. We went in May and it was very quiet and romantic. The staff is friendly, professional, fun and caring. I cannot wait to go back. I have been searching for this same type of B&B with a Boutique Hotel in Other states. Breakfast is awesome, made to order eggs, lovely bakery and great tea and coffee selections. Rooms are modern in the Composer house. hardwood floors, high tech audio systems, bring your iPods!, granite counters, kitchenettes and beds you will not want to leave!

• Stayed May 2011
2 Thank Charlienohio
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 12 May 2010

This B&B is nice. Not exquisite, which I would expect for the price I paid. The staff is kind but the "services" provided were average to non-existent and "breakfast" is continental at best. The location is in downtown Bloomington, which despite what others might say about being removed from campus is still right next to partying college kids. I was expecting to be pampered and impressed beyond belief as this was the most I have EVER spent on a B&B stay. I was sorely disappointed. College kids partying literally right next door until 2 am. The size of the room was average and nothing stood out as "wow, this is really worth $200+ a night!" The website was misleading. I was not greeted with afternoon tea and delicious baked goods. Getting an in-room massage, which is listed as a feature of the establishment, was like pulling teeth and caused more tension than worth it. I could have stayed in a similar establishment for two or three nights for the price I paid for this non-impressive disappointment. Totally worth about $100 per night, absolutely no more. I have never felt so "hosed" in my life. Pros: bed was comfy. I slept fine once the blasting bass next door was turned off. Cons: the free wireless does not work very well at all, and you can hear everything going on in the inn, outside of the inn and in the neighborhood (aka no real sense of privacy for those on romantic visits). Drunk, loud folks out all night. I was worried about my vehicle because the off-street parking seemed to share space with local renters who were milling about all night. Summary: I was extremely disappointed with my overall experience. I won't stay here again unless I win the lottery or my husband's MBA from IU starts paying 7 figures. I will also be cautioning others from spending the outrageous rates to stay here.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple