“excellent food, warm service”
Review of Burma Garden

Burma Garden
Ranked #54 of 349 Restaurants in Bloomington
Price range: US$ 10 - US$ 15
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Fort Collins, Colorado
“excellent food, warm service”
Reviewed 29 December 2011

I eat here just about every time I visit Bloomington.... about 4-5 times per year. The food is authentic Burmese. The proprietors are very warm hosts and they always treat us well.
The tea leaf salad is something we always order... excellent! The unique mild Burmese curries are wonderful.

They do take-out, too.

• Visited August 2011
1 Thank scomoore1
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Indiana
“Better options on 4th Street”
Reviewed 18 September 2011

We tried two dishes: fish cakes in a red tamarind sauce and vegetable curry. We also had an appetizer of tea leaf salad. I was new to Burmese food, but found it to be a little too salty and heavy on the fish sauce compared to Thai. The salad needed a squirt of lime to counteract the heavy garlic and peanuts, but we liked it ok. The curry is heavy on tomato and tamarind. The service was very good -- attentive and responsive. No alcohol permit. Overall, this was a decent meal, but I don't think I'll be back.

• Visited September 2011
Atlanta, Georgia
“Only so-so”
Reviewed 6 August 2011

I love many of the Asian restaurants in Bloomington, but had not yet eaten at Mandalay. So when we visited in July we decided to give it a try. Neither I nor my family was impressed with the food. Was it bad? No, but neither was it good.

• Visited July 2011
Bloomington, Indiana
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“not the best”
Reviewed 14 February 2011

My husband and I were trying to find a new restaurant we hadn't been yet in Bloomington and came accross the great reviews on here, so we thought we would give it a shot. We did not have a good experience. Our appetizers were cold, service was quite poor, and the rest of our food was just so-so. There are many other better restaurants in Bloomington.

• Visited February 2011
1 Thank lovethebeach2011
Bloomington, Indiana
“Favorite restaurant in Bloomington!”
Reviewed 26 September 2010

I come to Mandalay ridiculously often. It is by far my favorite restaurant in Bloomington. Being vegan, I find my self always satisfied with the amount of options available at Mandalay. But omnivores, do not fear! I have heard only great things about the non-vegetarian cuisine as well! The large portions are also a plus. I always find myself looking forward to eating leftovers the next day! The staff is always friendly and the owner herself often works as a server sometimes as well. The owner has even offered to make special meals that are not on the menu just to try new things out. If you're in Bloomington, definitely check this place out!