“Nice hotel; very accomodating”

The Inn at Market Square
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Zion
Milwaukee, WI
“Nice hotel; very accomodating”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2012

My husband and I have had 3 stays here now in the past month and each time we have found the hotel and the staff to be very nice and accommodating. The rooms are spacious and comfortable with plenty of closet space. There is a nice size work desk and typically a comfortable lounge chair to relax in. The beds are comfortable with plenty of bedding to assure the comfort of even the pickiest of sleepers. The bathrooms are smaller, but allow for one person to shower comfortably.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank ratfree
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
San Francisco, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 December 2011

Receptionist (Amanda) at front desk was extremely rude. Although they had rooms available, not only did she refuse a early check in (although it was pre-approved), she took pleasure in hassling a weary traveler. She also refused to let me speak to a supervisor about it.

Room Tip: away from the elevator
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
12 Thank bigdog2000
Beach Park, IL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2011

Zion ESDA held our Annual Christmas Dinner for the members, their families, and numerous guests totaling over 100 people at the new Best Western Plus Inn & Suites at Market Square in Zion and it was amazing! The staff were very pleasant and accommodating and the room was beautiful. We will definitely hold another event there in the future. We highly recommend this location to anyone in the Zion area who is looking for a place to hold any type of party within reason.

Room Tip: No restaurant yet but there is a wonderful restaurant next door, N&T's that is open for Brea...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Nessa0071
Calgary, Alberta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2011

We picked this hotel for the location close to the outlet mall for shopping. The room was very clean, nicely decorated, and the bed was very comfortable. The shower was very nice as were the toiletry items available for us. There wasn't a restaurant onsite but the casual restaurant next door cooked up one of three choices hot breakfast no charge with coupon from front desk that was basic but good. The staff was very friendly and helped us with directions, restaurant recommondations incuding printing out maps with directions. We dined at Ray Radigans about 5 to 10 min. awayby car. The food was excellent, had an interesting history and I look forward to going back again. There was a nice coffee shop across the street that had bakery items and also served sandwiches, soups and salads.
I would not hesitate to to return to this hotel and only gave it 4 stars since there wasn't a restaurant onsite yet, it's under constructions.

Room Tip: I would think all would be fine. The street side had little traffic and the back that I was on look...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Lora01
Chicago, IL
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2011

Oh how I know this is sour grapes at this point, however I feel the need to share my subpar experience with this location. I travel a lot, and am a rational individual but when a hotel shows complete disrespect at their front desk to a customer it is wholly unexceptable. Let me preface this by saying that I traveled to the middle of nowhere to console a friend over dinner who had just lost someone near and dear to them. After dinner, I decided to forgo the trek back to Chicago and instead opted for a room at the best western "plus" in Zion, IL. When I arrived I did not have a reservation though confirmed in advance via phone that rooms were available. Upon arrival I noticed a discrepancy in rate that I looked up on bestwestern.com. I requested that the rate be honored and I was notified that it was a "mistake". After letting the front desk know that the rate was via bestwestern.com the woman behind the desk said that I would have to book online or the rate posted on bestwestern.com would not be honored. First, the fact that I had to book online when I was present at the hotel itself was absolutely bonkers. Then upon booking via my phone the front desk demanded that I show my aaa/AARP credentials. This WAS NOT a special aaa/AARP rate and I have the screenshots to prove this. She then asked me where the rate was and I let her know it was on the ACTUAL bestwestern website. She could not find the rate and I showed her the confirmation on my phone And the page with the actual rate on bestwestern.com. THEN where any person with one iota of common sense would honor the rate for a tired customer in the middle of nowhere who just wanted to goto sleep who showed the rate and confirmation page that did not mention aaa/AARP I was then asked to show how I got the rate on the hotel lobby computer. Are you SERIOUS?! Upon jumping through hoops for 20 minutes to justify the rates that were clearly on bestwestern.com and legitimate I thought that any person in their right mind would not prompt me a fourth time. To top it all off, the most insulting thing is that when I was trying to show her the way I booked during an arduous and utterly unacceptable situation the woman said to me "i can smell alcohol on your breath". This made me so IRATE that she was implying I was intoxicated when I did every ridiculous step requested of me JUST to give this company my money! For the record, over dinner I consumed two pints of beer at dinner before deciding to settle down for the night in best western. I was UNDER NO CERTAIN terms intoxicated or even moderately buzzed, and the last time I checked moderate consumption of adult beverages is by no means prohibited in the united states. So the fact that I showed that the corporate website proved my rate was valid, regardless of an internal discrepancy, and the fact that I had to book online when a front desk agent was present, that I was told the rate was still not valid, that I was asked to waste my time proving my innocence on the computer under a watchful eye, and then you make an insulting statement implying that I was at fault and also DRUNK had me seeing red. I did not yell or scream but she kept saying that I was yelling at her when we were just having a rational discourse on something that should not have even happened. She cancelled my reservation and asked me to leave stranding me in the middle of nowhere on a Saturday night with no options. Complete inept staff severely lacking in customer service skills and insulting my character with implying my sobriety was compromised will not ever be forgotten. I will be sending my screenshots of my rate booked as a non aaa/AARP rate on the bestwetern.com corporate website along with a scanned receipt showing a total of two beers on my dinner bill to headquarters along with sharing that I will NEVER pass the threshold of a best western hotel bc my dollars are more valuable elsewhere and I should not have to jump through hoops in a four stage fiasco topped off by an insanely inappropriate insult by a mealy mouthed imbecile.

• Stayed August 2011
15 Thank Gearwater
Also consider these accommodations in or near Zion
2.9 km away
Illinois Beach Resort and Conference Center
1.0 km away
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Zion
17.8 km away
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Kenosha
15.3 km away
Holiday Inn Express - Pleasant Prairie
Holiday Inn Express - Pleasant P...
#2 of 4 in Pleasant Prairie
16.1 km away
Wyndham Garden Kenosha Harborside
12.5 km away
Courtyard Chicago Waukegan/Gurnee

Been to The Inn at Market Square? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK