“Surprise! A very good Thai restaurant in downtown Wilmette”
Review of Do Wize Bistro

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Do Wize Bistro
Ranked #25 of 79 Restaurants in Wilmette
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 26 April 2017

My wife and I love Thai food. We had several favorite places back in Portland (Red Onion - yum!) and after reading some of the reviews of the local options, we were pretty depressed. One evening not too long ago, we thought we'd try one we'd walked by several times and walked in to Do Wise.
First off - the place is nicely decorated, with some very well-done murals (being from PDX, we loved the bird motif), and we were seated right away, which always makes me happy. After looking over all of the choices on the menu (sticking to the Thai dishes), we started off with a nice appetizer platter containing crab rangoon, egg rolls (good ones, too) and other delicacies. Very nice way to start the meal. We accompanied that with a small bottle of Ozeki Karatamba sake - just perfect.
We then ordered 2 mains - the cashew nut chicken (mild) and the Massaman curry with seafood (medium). Both were very generous portions, with the curry including shrimp, scallops, k-rab and more - really tasty. We would suggest, however, if you like your food spicy (we do), skip the mild and go either medium or hot.
Service was helpful, friendly, and the food arrived very quickly, so what's not to like.
Now that we've found this place, we're one step closer to being happy that we moved here.

2  Thank MikeGPortland

Reviewed 16 November 2016

We like to go to Dowise because we know the produce will be fresh and the meals carefully prepared. We're especially fond of the duck and the homemade ginger ale. There's a good selection of Asian beers. It's relaxing to be there, always warm and welcoming.

2  Thank Fran P
Reviewed 13 May 2016

I reviewed this wonderful, affordable Thai restaurant under another spelling/listing in TripAdvisor. But I was also here in April

1  Thank ABQRes
Reviewed 13 May 2016

I've eaten here several times a year (when in IL) since this place opened. I've always had good Thai food at a very reasonable price (the lunch special is a deal). I've also done take out. Only once or twice was something not seasoned as listed (on menu) or not quite up to par. Most recently, I've eaten two lunches and one dinner on site and done one take out.

3  Thank ABQRes
Reviewed 16 June 2015

I was looking for a quick lunch, when I stopped here. While they have lunch specials with courses under $10, I opted for a noodle dish. The Pad Kee Mao with chicken came out in about five minutes. The vegetables were very fresh and it was the perfect portion. I would definitely return.

2  Thank Bryan D

Been to Do Wize Bistro? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK